Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alton Towers - I'm Back

gordypix

Had a great day out there........... :thumbsup:

GOOD Points:

Easy and QUICK drive up there - Did it in just under 2.5 hours :thumbsup:

First in queue to get in through the gates :thumbsup: - had pre-booked tickets so just picked them up at the machine. :thumbsup:

Got on ALL the Rides even though Oblivion was closed for H&S reasons most of the day - manged to get on at the days end. :thumbsup:

Got FREE parking in the Priority Car Park :thumbsup:

Didn't get too wet on the Flume - Girlfriend very generously shielded me.... :lol::lol::lol:

BAD Points:

Damn COLD day there - me in just a thin sweatshirt :(

Lunch was AWFUL - Cold, tasteless Onion Rings :wacko: , Over-salted Cold Nachos :wacko: , Not enough Lattice Fries on the plate (tight wads) :ffs:

I wasn't able to get on Air or Nemesis more than TWICE each........ :lol: !Removed! Queues :ffs:

The place closed at 5pm - There was oundles of Daylight left - Crazy people..... :blink::wacko:

More good points than bad so thats good then!

I'm confused - I thought priority bookings meant you got priority parking etc AND priority in the queues too - or have they changed that?

Did you go on the cable car over the park? I was even scared of that and it goes about 3 mph!

My favourite place in Alton Towers is the gardens! :yes: Just beautiful in the summer...

No a priority Ticket ONLY gives you 1 Queue jump on each of AIR, OBLIVION, NEMESIS & THE FLUME. It is £5 on top of the normal Adult ticket price.

The priority Car Park is basically £6 and you are right next tp the entrance/exit so 1st in and 1st out. It is a first come - first served car park.

YES, we did go on theCable car over the park to get from obe place to the other.

It cuts the walking time but we did have a stroll through the gardens when the cable car was out of action for a while.

Yes - Had a go on RITA :thumbsup:

Had to queue for 40 minutes to get on the very front seats. I think it is slightly over-rated. Yes it's very FASTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT........but hardly the g's of a space shuttle as I have heard it described.............. :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links