Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How To Build

jerry phipps

Hi everyone

Well for some time i have being going on about induction kits. A friend of mine has showed how to make a cheap induction kit. And i can say it work's a bloody treat. This was done on a alfa 145. First you must remove airbox and take the bottom of it out and drill 4 to 5 large holes in the bottom of airbox.

Now in the article shown it doesn't show them placing a fine meshing in the bottom but i would do that just to keep out un wanted muck. Once hole are drilled replace filter and put back together.

When all back try it out and enjoy. You should notice that you have got a induction roar. Now as for performance? We noticed a quicker pick up on the acceleration. According to rev's mag you should gain up to 5bhp with this simple mod.

Not bad for free dont you think.

Also your cold air feed pipe is normally located in a silly place. If you where to buy a cold air feed pipe and relocate it in a better place this will add to the bhp.

Let me know on you thoughts about this guy's. It really work's. Try it if you dare :yes:

jerry!!

post-15-1054161552.jpg

Thats what i done before getting the real thing, it adds a little noise on toyotas as there not known for there induction roar..... (like vw's!)

Dan

yea couple guys i know have done this, actually sounds quite good - duno about the power tho :huh:

i dont think i'll do it if i don't get at least a 5bhp gain :P :lol:

No offence but i dont think you would even get a roar from a 1 lt..... (thats not a dig in any way!)

Dan

yea probably not, although the lads near me who've drilled 1.2 punto's get the desired effect

I'd rather not have the roar to be honest, not without power to back it up anyway

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links