Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turbo Lag

ROBWINGDING

:(

NEED ADVICE ON CAUSES OF TURBO LAG. IT TAKES MY CAR ABOUT 3 SECONDS TO KICK IN AND ITS DOING MY HEAD IN.

NEED ADVICE ON CAUSES OF TURBO LAG. IT TAKES MY CAR ABOUT 3 SECONDS TO KICK IN AND ITS DOING MY HEAD IN.

Is it std? when you say 3 seconds... how far up the rev range would you say? Is the turbo still boosting hard but later in the revs.

Is it std? when you say 3 seconds... how far up the rev range would you say? Is the turbo still boosting hard but later in the revs.

NO IT DOESNT BOOST TILL 3 SECONDS THEN THE GAUGE STAMMERS TO THE TOP OF THE RANGE. TURBO IS STANDARD I THINK STILL BOOSTS THOUGH JUST NOWHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS IT DID

Sounds to me like you need to check the dizzy cap, rotor arm, spark plugs and leads. Maybe time to renew them.

Joe

somone else was suffering from this a little while ago, turned out to be a split in the intercooler pipe

Sounds to me like you need to check the dizzy cap, rotor arm, spark plugs and leads.  Maybe time to renew them.

Joe

I think you should take the car into a dark garage, rev the engine from the bay and watch for any grounding sparks on the dizzy cap. Really easy to get cracked etc..

You should also check your pipes and tighten anything loose.

If you put your foot on the clutch and rev up high does the car stammer as it revs up? If it does then its most likely your dizzy cap.

Get some WD40 and spray this on the dizzy cap, leave for an hour and try again, if its any better then its the cap for sure.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links