Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I. Hate. Bosch.

Puls

GAAARRRR!!!! I hate Bosch and I hate their stupid L-Jetronic fuel injection system.

For the second time, the Maxima has a failing fuel injector. I've already had to replace one, but didn't have the cash to do them all last time, and now I'm paying for it :ffs: I got the car running decently again (good old emergency injector repair procedure #1: b0nking the injector with a big wrench) but it's obvious it's going to fail me. Now I get to look forward to pulling my engine apart...again...and this time its getting 5 new ones.

I hate Bosch. Their L-Jetronic fuel injection system is crap. Their O2 sensors are *******. Their spark plugs and ignition parts are junk. Their air filters are crap, and their oil-filters are overpriced Champ Labs filters with black paint and schnazzy decals. While I'm at it, their overpriced Wiper Blades are crap too. They make brake pads too, I guess, but I'll never put them on any car I own...

So, in conclusion :censor: Bosch and the shifty-eyed Germans who run it. When I'm World Dictator, all cars will have Magnetti-Marelli injection :ffs:

GAAARRRR!!!!  I hate Bosch and I hate their stupid L-Jetronic fuel injection system.

For the second time, the Maxima has a failing fuel injector.  I've already had to replace one, but didn't have the cash to do them all last time, and now I'm paying for it  :ffs: I got the car running decently again (good old emergency injector repair procedure #1: b0nking the injector with a big wrench) but it's obvious it's going to fail me.  Now I get to look forward to pulling my engine apart...again...and this time its getting 5 new ones.

I hate Bosch.  Their L-Jetronic fuel injection system is crap.  Their O2 sensors are *******.  Their spark plugs and ignition parts are junk.  Their air filters are crap, and their oil-filters are overpriced Champ Labs filters with black paint and schnazzy decals.  While  I'm at it, their overpriced wiper blades are crap too.  They make brake pads too, I guess, but I'll never put them on any car I own...

So, in conclusion  :censor: Bosch and the shifty-eyed Germans who run it.  When I'm World Dictator, all cars will have Magnetti-Marelli injection  :ffs:

Bet you were pleased to get that off your chest :yes:

Now calm down........take a chill pill and accept that Bosch were and are possibly the leading manufacturer of fuel injection and control systems for the automotive industry and spend millions of Pounds/Dollars/Marks each year on researdh and development (in association with many car manufacturers) just to get it right :yes:

We have Bosch power tools - apparently they are better than Black and Decker!

Thats all I know about Bosch!  :unsure:

They make good wipers too Em! :lol:

I'd have to disagree with a lot of that slating... I've always rated Bosch spark plugs, and the wipers are fantastic.

Magnetti Marelli says one thing to me... FIAT... :!Removed!:

Sorry!

Maybe Bosch sold in USA are not the same quality that we get here :)

I had a VDO one on my old honda and that got to 165k no probs. magneti marelli = fiat = enough said!

We have Bosch power tools - apparently they are better than Black and Decker!

Thats all I know about Bosch!  :unsure:

They make good wipers too Em! :lol:

I'd have to disagree with a lot of that slating... I've always rated Bosch spark plugs, and the wipers are fantastic.

Magnetti Marelli says one thing to me... FIAT... :!Removed!:

Sorry!

ooo that reminds me, i need some Bosch wipers!!

Mine are crap!

I've never been happy or had good luck with any Bosch thing I've used, except for a dishwasher!

For pretty much anything they have, I feel I can find something better for the same price.

Well. Bosch holds a lot of important patents, they've made immeasurably important contributions to the state of modern engineering. They've invented a lot of things we now take for granted and they are the model that many other auto engineering companies, like Denso, for example, have aspired to. Many other companies, including Denso, license Bosch technology.

That said, sure, there are unreliable Bosch parts. They are a German company and German engineers have an earned reputation for being stubborn. i.e. Our way is best, the competition has nothing they can teach us, the customer is wrong, we are right and so forth. The Japanese seem to take a much more humble approach to engineering, kaizen and all that.

I think that's got to have some effect on the end results.

But the world is better for having Bosch in it for sure.

Hope the trouble with your Nissan works out though. :(

scionic Posted Today, 06:00 AM

...and German engineers have an earned reputation for being stubborn. i.e. Our way is best, the competition has nothing they can teach us, the customer is wrong, we are right and so forth. The Japanese seem to take a much more humble approach to engineering, kaizen and all that.

I think you have a very good point there :yes:

That said, sure, there are unreliable Bosch parts. They are a German company and German engineers have an earned reputation for being stubborn. i.e. Our way is best, the competition has nothing they can teach us, the customer is wrong, we are right and so forth. The Japanese seem to take a much more humble approach to engineering, kaizen and all that.

I think that's got to have some effect on the end results.

But the world is better for having Bosch in it for sure.

This is probably true, but you won't see me buying any Bosch stuff anymore ;) Unless I'm forced to, in the case of my Nissan.

To Bosch: "I hate you I hate you I don't even know you and I hate your guts I hope all the bad things in life happen to you and to nobody else but you." :playa hater: (I hope somebody gets that reference)

To be honest you don't say exactly whats wrong with the injector, you just say it's failed, in what way?

I work for a company who have been an agent for Bosch Automotive since the early fifties and to be honest they do have a pretty good reputation which is deserved, having said that I never use their spark plugs purely because I prefer NGK but thats just my choice ;)

Could it be possible there's another underlying problem you're not aware of causing the injector to fail? Not saying anyones wrong here btw, just trying to help :thumbsup:

PS: You can't blame the Germans as their parts are made all over the world from South America, to Europe and Asia and everywhere in between :P

There aren't too many ways an injector can fail :P It won't...inject.

There's no underlying problem with the engine. Its just something that happens. Every VG30E Nissan engine with Bosch L-Jetronic fuel injection will have injectors no longer functioning at some point. The J30 Maxima, and Z31 300ZX enthusiast guys all know and accept it. I'm not sure about the VG Pathfinders and Pickups though. I'm pretty sure the injectors are actually made in Japan.

NGK makes awesome stuff :thumbsup: My favorite plug for all Nissans.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links