Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Not Starting In Cold Mainly Wet Weather Help!

sammz

:help: i have a 1991 mr2 thats sitting on 143000 milage, i look after it but really since i brought it ive spent loads of cash on it when ive put it into a garage. im getting very low on cash and just cant seem to enjoy it any more due to this. anyway, she runs nice in the hot summer days but when it is damp, cold and especially when it rains she just misfires all the time for about the first half an hr or more depending on how bad the weather is. i explain this to the garage but they just cant seem to find anything wrong. can anyone shed any light for me please? sorry for the long post!

could it be condensation in the dizzie cap ,you could try changing the plug leads or buying some of that spray for the engine electrical bits , its coats them and stops moisture from getting to them .

cheers guys ill try that. one quick question though whats the dizzy cap? no ones ever metioned that to me before.

i dont think ive ever noticed a shield on my engine cover either come to think of it but ill have a look, i did think that it looked a bit bare.

also im i best to put it into a toyota garage or do they just rip you off?

ps. im also a girl so garages tend to try and do that crap to me!

You could do with finding out if Rico or JimMR2 Live anywhere near you.

They deal with the parts you may need. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Give them a pm.. ;)

The dizzy cap is your distributor cap.

On the left of the engine as you look at the car from behind.

All the Spark plug leads run from it to each spark plug, and one main (HT) lead runs to the coil (thats what makes the charge to make the spark, and the distributor is what distributs the spark to each plug in turn.

Any garage would be able to do it. Its a 10 minute job to change plugs and leads and cap

The dizzy cap is your distributor cap.

On the left of the engine as you look at the car from behind.

All the Spark plug leads run from it to each spark plug, and one main (HT) lead runs to the coil (thats what makes the charge to make the spark, and the distributor is what distributs the spark to each plug in turn.

Any garage would be able to do it. Its a 10 minute job to change plugs and leads and cap

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Mark down which point the cables connect to before you take it off.. if you dont know what a dizzy cap is yuor gonna have a hard time figuring out what order the cylinders fire in !!!

I once had a GOLF MK3 GTi and I was having major dizzy problems, changed it kept happening, turned out to be a gasket on the pipe from the radiator leaking slightly onto the dizzy. I remedied it by replacing the gasket and putting the dizzy in my boiler cupboard for 30 mins to dry it out, worked a treat.. So basically check if anything could be causing dampness on or around the distributor.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links