Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Racing The Cops

Mevi

Last night on the A12/A120 junction towards Harwich, Essex, a car pulled alongside my YarisTS just before the junction.

I automatically thought it was just another rep-mobile wanting a high speed burn as he pulled in behind and tailed me as I sailed through the slip roads at around 100mph.

About a mile down the A120, the blue lights flashed - I didn't spot that the car I was 'racing' was a police car.

Whoops.

Although I was doing over 100, as my licence was clean, he said he would write 90-95mph on the ticket so that I would only get a £60 fine and 3 points on my licence. Nice man.

Try getting that kind of treatment from a speed camera - I'd have a 6 month ban and a £250 fine.

Put more cops on the road and less cameras!

Check your mirrors people.

I would have thought the blue lights would have been a give away :)

You got lucky on that one....

U lucky bugger! My mate did the same thing except he flashed the un-marked cop car to move out the fast lane! :!Removed!: He The pig didn't let him get above 100mph! p.s. we both dive em like we stole them! :thumbsup:

that was some luck.

must of liked your car??

I had clicked my rearview mirror so all I saw behind me was the headlights - until he switched on the blue ones. If he had driven closer and not pulled me over so soon, I would have sped up more - I often take it all the way to 120mph if the road is clear and my wife isn't sitting terrified in the passenger seat. :crybaby:

And tommorow I'm having a racing lesson at Brands Hatch where I'll be praised for driving fast. :rolleyes:

And tommorow I'm having a racing lesson at Brands Hatch where I'll be praised for driving fast. :rolleyes:

Not necessarily, they'll be looking more at the lines you take around the track, how smooth you control the car and your breaking points....

It's not all about speed :thumbsup:

U lucky bugger! My mate did the same thing except he flashed the un-marked cop car to move out the fast lane! :shutit: He The pig didn't let him get above 100mph!  p.s. we both dive em like we stole them! :thumbsup:

hmmm Lets calm down on the comments here scoobyspanker.

Also would like to add the Club DOES NOT condone street racing.. unless its with the law of course! LOL

Unless track days! :thumbsup:

unless its with the law of course!

Modified to read "Unless its WITHIN the law of course!

I didn't meen that me and my mate both drive like we stole them!! :lol: I was talking about our sig's! We have the same :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I only drive over the limit on fast moving roads - not in built up areas..

Steve, I certainly wouldn't promote street racing. I drove too fast and got nicked. :)

I may change my sig to:

"I fought the law and the law won"

he he

no sweat.. we have similar thread going on at our other club Lexus OC... people posting pics of their speedomoters at 140!

I was worried other members were going to try it and take a photo too! Last thing i want is to hear someone smashed their motor because of a thread tempting members to speed!

Not being a stick in the mud... i like fast motors, but also wanna make sure these forums do not end up like a max power forum :P :D

True.

although they can be usefull ... listing unmarked cars in your area where cameras are etc

my mate got done by an unmarked car at a roundabout.

he was on his mobile giving way to the right (as you do) and the unmarked car (he didnt know it was a po-lice car yet) was not moving, obviously watching him on his phone

so taking this as an act of kind will my mate decided that the car was giving way to him, and he navigated around, proceeding to wave with his mobile at the car as to say 'thanks' :D :D :lol::lol:

needless to say this agrivated the police officer no end and landed him a £30 fine hahahahahaha

oh you've got to laugh really :group-cuddles:

Sam :hokus-pokus:

I agree with the Max Power comment.

If I wanted to post on that forum, I'd need to drive a Scoob, Saxo, R5 turbo, etc. to be taken seriously. Then I'd just be another boy racer. yawn...........

I like to be different, that's why I drive a TS.

I think a recent Auto Express survey had the Yaris down as the least likely car to be pulled by coppers, I guess the tsport is getting noticed...

True.

although they can be usefull ... listing unmarked cars in your area where cameras are etc

every good size town and city has them....

i wouldnt wanna race every car to find out which is a unmarked car

I used to work for a car hire company... used to absolutely cane these cars as i worked the night shift.. so every night I would be dropped off and i would race the other guy back to the depot.

In the office we had a list of number plates and cars to match that were unmarked cop cars!

how about we make a thread.. listing type of car and color in that area??

Sounds to me that you where really lucky there mate. Put it this way you have still got your license. At that speed you could have lost it.

jerry!!

its already on max power... www.maxpower.com

that's just a lisy of every car that eat the nova !!

me and my mate both drive like we stole them

I driving down the A406 on my way home and I was in the over taking lane (3rd lane) coming up to my slip road Hall Lane and I checked my mirrors indicated and pulled across the three lanes into the slip road I forgot to add I was doing about 90mph as I got to the roundabout I saw a blue light come racing up behind me and another pulled across the road in front of me. So out of the car I got and gave the coppers a very innocent and girlie look - as if to say what's happened !! the coppers said they saw my pull across the lanes and it was a typical "Stolen car manover !!" I said do people who steal cars check for a clear road and indicate !! WRONG thing to say they didn;t like the answer I got 3 points on my licence if I carried on being wide eyed and girlie I provbably would have got away with nothing !!!

Oh I was banned for 6 months about 6 years ago for doing over a 100mph in a 40 zone so beware it was the worst 6 months ever!!! :(

Kaz

that is going... tsk tsk tsk :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links