Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Racing The Cops

Mevi

100mph in a 40 area.....more than tsh tsh...if it were me you should be banned for life....speeding on open clear roads is one thing....but a 40 area...I dunno...sorry but some folk don't deserve their license...

Vipes

there's roads near me that are open and clear with 40 speed limit viper, doesn't mean she was speeding in a built up area where kids play etc etc

i can ever only get up to about 70ish tho cos they're too twisty

bewildering how u managed a tonne :wacko: :D

40 area is a 40 aread due to hazzards...twisty...blind corners...bridges...narrow roads...junctions.... 100% over the speed limit...not good.....and if you can condone that.....well say no more.. especially when it's seen as some kind of Achievement.

Viper i'm sorry... perhaps i offended you?

Wasn't my intention.. simply saying that you don't know the conditions of the roads she was on

i'm not condoning it at all, i just didnt assume that she was tearing around blindly without a care for other road users etc

I also don't think its up to you to decide who should 'be banned for life'

I Think you read too much into this one m8.

It's all about the road.

take the pic's below all on 60mph limit's but i've drove the roads everyday for 2yrs.

03-cider_house-20-5-03.jpg

02-cider_house-20-5-03.jpg

Just a bit of fun?? :P

If you knew the road viper !!! It is the A406 which happens to be a three lane straight A road and it was clear !!! and I drive it twice every day for the past 16 years !

Still we can't all be slow boring drivers can we. Whats the point of having a car that drives over 30 mph

I drive less than 20mph down side roads where kids play. and I happen to be a very good driver,

Thank you Yarisboy You are correct it wasn't in any way a built up area.

On top of Oli's dash lies a snooper kaz, alerts you to X,K,Laser,Ka,Ku etc gives advanced warning to police using speed guns, gatso cameras. I just bought my dad one for his birthday and they're pretty good!

He only had it a day before he was about to speed off down the road when the snooper started beeping for what seemed like no reason... then he checked his mirrors and there was an unmarked car behind him, so it paid for itself on that very day :yes:

Sam :D

Are radar/lazer detectors legal in the UK? :huh:

They are illegal in most states of Australia, and I was thinking if they are not legal that is a rather obvious place to put it. Even if that is the place where they work best.

They are good with the ol radar setups if they even exist any more but give you very little warning of lazer guns/cameras.

Are they worth the money given the short warning time?

Rob :saddam:

sorry had to add Saddam.....thought he looked funny.... :)

i think it is now legal again in the UK.. from what i was told.

i was also told that a speed camera that takes a shot of the front of your car is an invasion of privacy and they cannot fine you.

hmmm

I belive they are legal... Halfords sell them with out a warning ... i think the radar jammers are a gray area as they interfear with police's equipment .... but a dam fine idea

jammers are illegal, detectors are not

and i dont know about giving u a short amount of time to react to lasers...

mine gives warnings up to 500 yards for a laser, up to around a mile for others

bit annoying when they go off falsely but i suppose thats the price u pay if u want a clean license

If you knew the road viper !!! It is the A406 which happens to be a three lane straight A road and it was clear !!! and I drive it twice every day for the past 16 years !

Hey Kaz. I know the 406 like the back of my hand. I never could work out why it is 40mph most of it's duration. Most of the time it's all too easy to take it up above that and I have done so whether intentially or not on many occassions. Sometimes I just fancy pootling along at 40 with the music up enjoying the scenery (Cough :lol: Cough), othertimes the road is so empty like in the middle of the night that I feel it is acceptable to raise the needle a touch.

The traffic on this road is !Removed! awful at times though. :censor: :ffs: Especially getting to the junction with the A13 going down to Docklands.

gordypix

Have you been down by the A13 lately? I avoid it if I can, it's terrible, changes every day !! I hope it improves the traffic when it's eventually (if ever) finished.

Kaz

Sorry Kaz have to aggree with Viper - 100mph is silly in a 40 zone no matter what, end of gripe though ill say no more.

With regard to the photos of the Yaris TS doing 100 or whatever, was someone bailing out at this point as it looks like your door open warning light is on?

Speed detectors that use Radar scatter detection, GPS or Databases are all road legal in the UK, Laser Jammers or defusers are illegal but fitted and used properly they are easily got away with - IE hide it well and switch it off when you are doing the speed limit so coppers can get an accurate reading - there is no law that makes them specifically ilegal but i think as some have said, using them can incur resisting arrest or interfering with police equipment. Basically it will only take a few ******s to leave them on and get caught before they are made officially illegal - i dont think they can make detectors illegal as it comes under your rights to know where the camara's are argument!

Cheers,

Steve.

With regard to the photos of the Yaris TS doing 100 or whatever, was someone bailing out at this point as it looks like your door open warning light is on?

It's the engine warning light. I don't think the ECU likes my straight though system.

I must admit i'm not saying that 100mph in a 40 zone is right but it depends. Those photo's where taken on wide country roads. So it a 60Mph speed. I'd say just away make sure you could stop or get out the way.

I think everyone on the board has done something silly at some point so should we really be judging others and saying whose right or wrong or getting along and helping each other out and getting a long ?

exactly Ryan, well put mate :thumbsup:

and people may not be particularly proud of the silly things they've done either (i know im not)

Sam :hokus-pokus:

hahaha i cant say i was sensible

ryan saw me in his rear view mirror last night!

hahaha i cant say i was sensible

ryan saw me in his rear view mirror last night!

yeah but Steve I wouldn't call 60mph on a motorway very daring of you :P

I've just reread my first post and at NO point

did I say I was proud doing 100mph nor did

I boast or any thing else along that line I said

I'd got a 6 month ban and it was the worst

6 months ever so thank you to those of you

who did not preach righteousness and I'm

so sorry to those of you who NEVER break

the speed limit it must be hard to be so perfect.

Kaz

and yes I am offnded by some of your remarks

I think everyone on the board has done something silly at some point so should we really be judging others and saying whose right or wrong or getting along and helping each other out and getting a long ?

I'll go with that....

:group-cuddles: :group-cuddles:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links