Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Urethanes Engine Mounts Inserts

islade

I just recived thise, nice colour allso...

img-1113846610.jpg

part of report from guy who instoled them..

c/p:

impressions

my car idles below 750 when cold. when idling at the low rmp, the whole car shakes very much more than with just the stock mounts. after my car warmed up, and began to idle at 800, the heavy shaking stopped.

on the road.

keep in mind, that i have kyb agx shocks, Eibach pro kit springs, and an act stage two clutch, so my car is already much less forgiving than a stock mkii mr2.

clutch engagement requires more finesse/commitment, or i get some chatter.

throttle response in any gear whether at low or high rmp is much more crisp. this makes the car feel like it takes off faster when a good amount of throttle is applied. i did not notice any difference in the feeling when the turbo spools since the motor mounts are already loaded.

rev match down shifts at high rpms (above 3500) are not affected by the inserts.

rev match down shifts at low rpms (below 3500) are affected, and require additional finesse, just like when taking off.

all in all

i would definitely recommend these inserts to any one who was looking to get better seat of the pants feedback from the car. if you are interested in spirited driving, autox or any other arena of sports driving, these are a good mod to make.

if you like to cruise around with the tops out and the stereo playing in a leisurely fashion, stay away. even with a stock suspension, you might not enjoy the enhanced feedback they provide.

the biggest concern i have after installing the inserts is clutch life. however, i must admit that i drive hard already, and my own clutch life will be affected more by that than simply the inserts themselves. i have no problem with the diminished clutch life personally because...

i drive a hot rod, and i know it will break.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links