Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turboxs H-rfl Bov

newtomymr2

Has anyone on here got one of these little beasts :huh: , if so how did you fit it? any welding of an adaptor required etc?

cheers :thumbsup:

I have one....be prepared to scare the living day lights out of anyone near your car when you change gears :)

You should have got a MR2 adapter with it...then it's a 10 min install, the adapter uses the OEM bolts etc.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

I've spoken to the suppliers and they say the kit comes with 2 weld on adaptors :angry:

Any idea if a kit from Forge or Bailey might be compatible with it?

I've spoken to the suppliers and they say the kit comes with 2 weld on adaptors  :angry:

Hmmm...well they definitly have fitting kit's for the MR2 that allow it to be attached WITHOUT welding etc.

What price can you get the bov for there?? here in NZ it's about $460 with the fitting kit, so that's about $175.00 GBP's.

Cheers

KwiiMR2

I've spoken to the suppliers and they say the kit comes with 2 weld on adaptors  :angry:

Hmmm...well they definitly have fitting kit's for the MR2 that allow it to be attached WITHOUT welding etc.

What price can you get the bov for there?? here in NZ it's about $460 with the fitting kit, so that's about $175.00 GBP's.

Cheers

KwiiMR2

Thats pretty close to what I will have paid by the time I have got the fitting kit Kiwi

Shaf's looks like mine...see how the bottom of the bov is a small round looking peice before it goes onto the OEM pipe, THAT is the fitting bit, a nut holds on that peice which makes it the right round size for the bov to attach to.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Thanks for the pic Shaf, :thumbsup: and thanks for the explanation Kiwi, :thumbsup: but I'm so glad you've posted that pic shaf for another reason. :yes: ...

...ok look at the top right of the engine bay, the pipe which is attached to the intercooler (the furthest one back) , on my 2 I have what looks like an alloy t-piece, :huh: its attached in a break in the pipe close to the intercooler, so if you can imagine there is a piece cut into that pipe about 2" from where it is attached to the intercooler, about 3" has been taken out and the t-piece joining the pipe together has been blocked off using a short length of silicone hose and a bung.so basically the pipe works in exactly the same way it does on yours, except I have what looks like a redundent outlet/inlet :unsure: which has been blocked up.

Any ideas why? :huh: I've never seen it on another 2, but to be honest I've never really seen many pics to be able to confirm if others have it. :rolleyes:

Thats what i thought Jim :thumbsup: , but i didnt want to make a t!t of myself as usual :rolleyes:

by the way, have you ordered yours yet? if you havent try e-bay first m8, the only other place I know is POTN who go through Impossible performance.....I took the latter route and 2 months later I still had no BOV, so avoid that route and go via e-bay :thumbsup:

I've got the Blitz DD Super Sound BOV at the moment. Concentrating on getting the motor back on the road, then I'll look at other BOVs etc.... but I will be looking at this, especially if it's even louder than my current BOV.

That sounds much like where another aftermarket bov has be plumbed in. I have a Greddy Type R BOV which is plumbed into the pipes of my Greddy Intercooler....when I get around to fitting it I'll be intrested in seeing how the car sounds with BOTH bov' :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

That sounds much like where another aftermarket bov has be plumbed in. I have a Greddy Type R BOV which is plumbed into the pipes of my Greddy Intercooler....when I get around to fitting it I'll be intrested in seeing how the car sounds with BOTH bov' :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

So you can run 2 BOV then?

If I just use the one, and I do plum it into the t-piece do I keep the stock re-circulating valve in place, or do I remove it and block that off?

running 2 bovs??

Will all the presure not be simply released by the first, then there would be nothing (no noise) from the second??

As for blobking the stock bov off etc. Normally the aftermarket bov would be connected where the stock one is and you would bung of the recirc pipe. Not sure what happens when you connect a BOV on the intercooler side of things.

From what I understand running 2 isn't nessecery and if you wearnt running enough boost then only one would work....BUT I basicly run 17 psi all the time so I will hopefully be able to get them both venting ;)

AFIA unless your running a big mac daddy turbo with plenty of boost then it's more a gimmick than anything else.....It's easier for me to leave it where it is OR put the OEM one back on and leave the Greddy where it is...or swap it over with my TurboXS one.

;)

eng1.jpg

Cheers

KiwiMR2

hmmmmm

So Kiwi what do you reckon on the installation of my BOV? :huh: should I go to the T-piece then block the OEM valve off?

The reason I would rather go down that route is the fact that I havent got a fitting kit to fit the H-RFL in the OEM position, therefore it would be easier to go to the t-piece, so what will come of the OEM valve? :unsure:

hmmmmm

So Kiwi what do you reckon on the installation of my BOV?  :huh:  should I go to the T-piece then block the OEM valve off?

The reason I would rather go down that route is the fact that I havent got a fitting kit to fit the H-RFL in the OEM position, therefore it would be easier to go to the t-piece, so what will come of the OEM valve?  :unsure:

What revision do you have?? and what boost are you running?? I'd be inclined to try the unit on the intercooler pipe and leave the oem on where it is, then you might be able to get away with still using metered air and get the noise.

It certianly won't do any harm trying it :) Oh...you'd have to get it welded on yeah?? :(

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Its a REV 2 running 16psi, as far as welding is concerned I was just gonna try using a silicone connector at the t-piece, worth a try I guess :unsure: before I take it to have alien parts welded on to it :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links