Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got Forced Off The Road Today

System~G

This happened to my mate on the motorway.

OK, so my mate was in the wrong to begin with (undertook cus this Jag was middle lane cruising). Anyway, the driver of the car must have been 50+ years of age in a very nice and fast Jag. And after my mate undertook he started going mental. Cutting in front, slamming on the brakes (in the fast lane to almost a hault) and this was all in thick fog. He must have done this for another 20 or so miles. He was acting like a 17year old chav with a Nova.

What a complete prat. It's times like that you wish you hd a car you didn't give a toss about just so you could ram it up their ****. I wish he had pulled into the service station, I woulda had a mental at him.

People like that really annoy me. Usually they are in the wrong to begin with, but even if they weren't there is no need to act a prat and put people's live's at risk.

Yep Dual Carriageways are deffo 70 mph :)

This also reminds me of when I got a Smart Car (of all things :ffs:) follow me on the back bumper of my Yaris T3 last August, there couldnt have been more than a few inches between us and then she followed me into Sainsbury's, I pulled into a space and she blocked me in the driverside of my car deliberately, was using every swear word under the sun that she could think of and was going to come and deck me or the car, I didn't hang around to find out and floored it out of the car park..and it all started from me braking for a red traffic light - which is the norm anyway... :ffs:

If I'd had her registration at the time I would've reported her, but I didn't so couldn't.

Yep Dual Carriageways are deffo 70 mph :)

Not the A45 Blue, its dual carriageway but its 50 in some parts and 60 the rest and even slower through the roadworks - its not your average dual carriageway, although because its long and quite straight its not rare to see people doing 100mph+ on it..... its a nightmare of a road! :rolleyes:

It's a shame that reporting the :censor: er will do nothing.....:angry::angry:

I hate drivers like that, it makes me want to drive a humveeeee :lol::lol:

Glad you are ok though mate it could have been much worse :thumbsup:

I had a similar experience on a dual carriageway in Manchester a few years back - some prat didn't like the fact that I had the audacity to use "HIS" lane to overtake another car and started flashing his lights, sounding his horn, etc. etc. When I pulled in to let him get past he just drove parallel with me shouting and carrying on (not that it made much difference because both our windows were closed!).

I just gave him a confused glance and then ignored him but my girlfriend was in the car so she starts mouthing and gesturing towards him (which was probably not the brightest thing to do at the time!) so he starts accelerating past me, making out he's going to pull in infront of me, and then braking suddenly, then accelerating again, moving back into the outside lane and then slowing down until I'd be level with him, then he'd do the whole thing again. All this was going on during rush hour so there were lots of traffic in front and behind - Crazy!

He seemed to be getting more and more irate but luckilly I needed to turn left at the next junction so once he noticed that I was slowing down to leave the dual carriageway he just roared off (probably to harass someone else).

I've sort of learnt over the years to just keep my distance all the time, if there's someone driving badly or aggressively or being a complete :censor: then I'll just back right off and keep well away - it's just not worth it any more.

I have reported similar offences in the past and the cops go round and have a chat with the cul"prat" and then phone you back to let you know they have done so.

Lets the culprit know the cops will be watching for future actions and made me feel slightly better (and the incidents were a lot less severe than this one seems to be ...).

Other way is go on the DVLA site and apply for the drivers detials (will only give registered owners details so depends if you saw the driver for positive ID later - you need to give a good reason (suggest changing some details or they will not release them to you :rolleyes: ) then you can decide what personal retribution will abate your anger at leisure ... :ph34r:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links