Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Jenifier Ansiton Email

Fidgits

Personally I think all members should be subject to paying membership.

My theory works on post "capping".

After say 100 posts your IP will be barred unless you pay to become a Bronze, Silver or Gold member.

Bronze membership should entitle a member to say 200 posts in a 12 month period and only access to main forums - no advertising, pic hosting/posting or other benifits

Silver - 350 posts in a 12 month period. Access to main forums, Advertising, limited pic hosting/posting etc...

Gold - infinate posts and an AAA pass (Access All Areas/facilities) full pic hosting/posting, garage and access to gold forums etc...

Fair enough but you'd lose a lot of input onto the site so the forum wouldn't be quite so lively and other revenue would decrease (advertising for example) which would then probably mean the membership price would go up - or even worse, the site would close down because it wasn't cost effective.

I would actually become a TOC Gold member but seeing as I'm already a LOC gold member I'd have difficulty obtaining financial approval from my better half to join yet another car club!

You can't go into a pub and drink all the beer you want without paying for it ;) (Well not unless you own it)

but you can go to a pub to chat to a few mates without having to buy a drink!

We would miss out on alot of information if people had to pay to share their knowledge!

<Rant>

Agreed. Gold allows you to be more liberal, and you know when you pay for Gold that there may be profanity and sexual content etc etc. If everyone was subject to that then people may be offended (By making everyone pay i'm assuming you mean we all have access to most things!)

People come from outside as google and other search engines returns results from TOC, and if they had to pay to share in what we have here, it would decline, the whole community would suffer!

I'm all for supporting TOC, hence the gold membership from early on in my TOC life, but i don't think its fair to force a paid subscription on everyone. Kinda stops it being a "Community"... and what about all the foreign members, you think they are going to pay? (I know some of you do already)

</Rant>

forgetting the 'paid' part of the GOLD membership, the reason some things are moved there (which is in answer to the orginal question) is because, well as dicey says, some things (for over 18's) need to be kept off the main forums..

also, things that may have a certain liability, such as photos which Ms Anistion threatens to sue any publication that prints them, can be posted there without causing any legal issues for TOC...

no, i realise that... it was an example though...

and tbh, it just keeps the main forums cleaner - we have a lot of 'off topic' and random discussions in GOLD, along with some risque conversations, and some down-right rude threads - all of which would ruin the tone of the main forums..

so its nice to have a seperation...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links