Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Glass Broken

mairead77

hi

a vandal smashed the glass on the passenger side of my toyota corolla '92 last night. I rang Autoglass and they said it would cost £220 to replace.

I've only got TPFT insurance.

The cost of repair is more than the car is worth!

what should I do any suggestions?

Could you find a replacement window at a Breakers? and the get someone to fit it?

thanks

rang one local no luck!

Do you know is breaklink and findapart any good?

It would be cheaper if I could!

Use them once before when i needed a door for my sisters old fiesta even got one in the same colour and the breaker was quick to respond and send the door out so yeah i found them ok that one time i ever used it but cant promise you will but its got to be worth a try.

and

Welcome to TOC

Use them once before when i needed a door for my sisters old fiesta even got one in the same colour and the breaker was quick to respond and send the door out so yeah i found them ok that one time i ever used it but cant promise you will but its got to be worth a try.

and

Welcome to TOC

Thanks I've sent breakerlink.co.uk a request form, fingers crossed!

Findapart ectc put your details and what you are looking for on a national data base.. breakers yards around the country check this database, and if they have what you are looking for, they phone you with a price. My advice is not to take the 1st one that comes along (unless the price is really good, or if its a rare part) but to play each breaker against each other in the hope of a better price.

And welcome to the Club :)

Yes, welcome and Good Luck with your search for that window. :thumbsup:

check your insurance policy some cover side windows under their windscreen part which is normally only £50 excess

try dealers for a price! it can surprise you, i had a window put out on my old 405 and paid 20 for a replacement from a breakers, only to find out that i could get a new one for 30 from peugeot!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links