Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlight Wont Pop Up

BlueMR2

Situation was...headlight slowly came up to about halfway and stopped...ok I thought...sprayed some WD40 on all the moving parts of the headlight arm etc...still wouldnt budge...so pulled headlight up into normal position...tried to retract light wouldnt at first but then eventually went down...now wont come back up again so I can get at the motor to see whats what...

Any ideas...

Its prob the motor I know...I can hear the relay clicking back of the headlight so its getting the right signals etc...but how do I now get the light back up to get at look at it again as it wont budge...it comes up about an inch but no further...tried pulling it up but dont wanna put a lot of pressure on it...

Anyone help?

Thanks

Open the bonnet and look just behind the light, theres a little wheel you can turn and this will slowly raise the the light

(it might have a black cap on it, you need to pop this off to get to the red wheel)

Cool...cheers Rico...

How have you been fella?

Remember I was meant to have that exhaust off you?

Mark

Lol...Its been a while!!

Standard one is back on the car mate, didint like the straight thru one so houston bought it.!

Where you been dude?

Lol...Its been a while!!

Standard one is back on the car mate, didint like the straight thru one so houston bought it.!

Where you been dude?

Cheers Rico got it popped back up and the motor is working...just seems to be seized...its full of sand and stuff so gonna take it apart tomorrow and give it a good clean out...

Ha well loooong story....a number of things really...moving house...university...also been off work with stress for 4 months also :ph34r: ...add to that glandular fever which was not nice!!!! :wacko:

Havnt been online much the past 6 months or so...due to the move etc...

My exhaust still needs doing... :rolleyes: ...but am thinking of getting rid so I might leave it for now and part ex it...or even sell it at a reduced price...just havnt got the money to be forking out to get it fixed...was thinking of maybe swapping it for a turbo...an older one than mine...I dunno...decisions...

How you been anyway fella?

Check the black plastic that surrounds the headlight mechanism - it can catch on body work if a screw has dropped out ;)

Use the manual adjuster to check as Rico said above. Just watch your fingers when it decides to wind back really fast :ph34r:

Check the black plastic that surrounds the headlight mechanism - it can catch on body work if a screw has dropped out ;)

Use the manual adjuster to check as Rico said above. Just watch your fingers when it decides to wind back really fast :ph34r:

The plastic surround has been taken off...so cant be that...

It kinda jumps into life when I mess about with the wheel at the back...works for about 5 up and downs then stops...just seems to be loads of sand etc covering it...gritty stuff...

Gonna take the motor etc off 2mo give it a good clean...

Is it easy to take the motor off?

Any tips?

Sorted it...

Took the headlight off...didnt even bother detatching the motor just gave all the moving parts a serious coating of WD40...works fine now...

Job Done!!!

Does anyone else think working on the car is pretty straighforward...bar the engine and clutch etc...anything that would need doing I would be confident at having a go myself...just like a massive jigsaw really...just a case of remembering where everything goes!!!

Also is it just me or is there bolts absolutely everywhere....when you think you have something undone you find another 3 bolts holding it down...

ha

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links