Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alloys Sizes

adamshaw

Hi guys,

thinking of getting some new alloys for my White MR2, 8 spoke in hi power black.

Do 17" go on ok, or will they be a bit close to the arch. Also what size tyres should i be getting?

Regards

Adam

17's are fine... as long as you get the right offset.

My current 17's are:

Fronts

17 x 7J ET35

215/40/17

Rears

17 x 8J ET35

235/40/17

My new wheels are:

Fronts

17 x 7J ET40

215/40/17

Rears

18 x 8J ET40

245/35/18

The 35mm offset on my current 17's are as far out as I'd want to go to the arch, but have no clearance problems inside (near the suspension) what-so-ever.

You could probably go to a ET45 the other way if you wanted them tucked under the arches... but then you would be nearer the suspension on the inside and might experience rubbing on full lock too. I can't speak from experience on that offset though as I've never had a set with that size.

My new 18's on the back fit and clear fine on both arch side and suspension, even with the 245 width tyre, and an 8 inch wide rim.

This topic has been covered many times, so not to have a go... but it's sometimes just as easy to do a search, using the link at the top right side of the page.

This link might also help... .: Clicky :.

You can check on this page as well that the tyres you choose offer the same (or as near as possible) circumference as the stock ones you are replacing.

Good luck.

:thumbsup:

Bad news...

Got the tyres fitted.

Found out the place had tried to hide the fact that they'd screwed one of the 18's around the edge... going through to the metal. They did the old 'cover it in soap and hope he doesn't notice trick'.

Not pulling that one on me sonny...

Got the owner of the place to have a look, and he said he'd get a replacement wheel for me.

Anyhoo... got it home to try it out on the car for clearance anyway... and then my mate said "well, you might as well put them all on now"...

I was waiting to lower it further before fitting them. Currently running Eibach Pro-Kit (-25mm), and new springs Eibach Sportline (-40mm) turn up this week.

Got round to putting the last 17" front on, only to find out someone in Italy (Oz) put a slightly wrong PCD wheel in the wrong box, and guess who ended up with it???

That's right... me. The wheels have sat in my house for about 4 months now, just waiting for tyres and fitting... but as the invoice had the right wheels on, and the boxes were labelled correctly, and they looked exactly the same to the eye, there was no cause for concern until the wheel wouldn't fit. Even the tyre place didn't notice. Couldn't have been the first wheel I put on could it!!! <_< :rolleyes:

Gutted.

Now having to send pictures of the wheels and boxes back to Oz, with the cast markings on the wheels clearly showing.

I have to go back to Oz and not a shop because you may well remember my friend got them for me through his Formula 1 company at a significantly discounted price...

As soon as I get them fitted I'll post pics... I promise.

I'm sure GiJoe will be a bit annoyed as I'm not putting my new springs on until I get the new wheels on, as the current wheels will rub if any lower... and Joe is having my Pro-Kit off me... sorry Joe... won't be long mate... :crybaby:

I'm sure GiJoe will be a bit annoyed as I'm not putting my new springs on until I get the new wheels on, as the current wheels will rub if any lower... and Joe is having my Pro-Kit off me... sorry Joe... won't be long mate...  :crybaby:

Gutted for you mate. Just have to wait a little while longer, not in a rush. Well you've got until JAE!!! :thumbsup:

Joe

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links