Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Ts Rattles

martyngta

Anyone else with a Yaris TS have a problem with rattles inside the car, especially the drivers side door, sounds to me like the lock (i.e. the visible end), but when you hold or push the lock it makes no difference to the rattle, really getting on my nerves :ffs:

Another that sounds like a leaf caught in the air vents?!

P.s. it's a 2001

my 1.0 rattles m8, sounds like a rattle comes from the right dash speaker, and the back left door lock.. if u turn the music up loud enough though u tend not to hear it

have exactly the same problem, if i keep my doors locked it stops the lock from rattling. Holding the lock makes no diff. on mine either.

Sometimes i have to wind the windows down and then back up again, On mine they seem to open up a little, only a few mm, but enough to rattle.

does anyone know where the fron rattle is actually coming from? i cant seem to track it down. I have driven 3 other other yaris's and they all had the same rattle problem.

Surinder...

My Yaris has to go back to the dealer soon anyway (I brought it second hand and they havn't done the work they said they were going to do :censor: ) so while they fix the stone chips and front windscreen i'll ask them to look into the door, sounds to me like it could be a common problem, maybe they already have a solution!

Will let you know if they fix it! B)

must say i never got that on the old yaris but at times its bad on the TS my dealer said it was because the new one is made in france and not japan like the old one

i just think that this is bull and they are taking the easy way out

Yes i have the same problem, with the rattle. My car is a 2002 and it has been back to the dealer 3 times, and they still cant fix the problem. Like sthandi i find winding the window dwn then up again it seems to help. Its really annoying though :ffs:

I bet you all have leccy windows? The problem usually lies with the leccy window motor/regulator..rattling against the inside of the door. Hence winding it up/down a little..moves it to a difference position. Toyota will fix it under Warranty...although I hate to think how..probably just used duck tape!!!

Rattly Speakers...yeah had that too...how about the rattle coming from the central pod...another common feature...and the boot rattle..where the boot plastic lining rattles against the metal....sponge stuffed between the two helps! :-).

I do belive the Jap cars are better than those from France...but at the end of the day it is a fob off if dealers use that as an excuse.

Vipes.

the problem with my windows is that they come down a few mm by themselvs, worse now that i have stiffened the suspension. Its the glass itself moving about in the door frame.

Mine's from japan i guess, as its got BIG "Made In Japan" stickers all over. Bit of a give away :) :)

But cant complain to much, my mate has just bought a brand new seat leon, his rattles like mad :)

I've took mine in 3 times now for rattles but i've just had enough of driving to Toyota and back.

I can't really complain with a zorst & system. rattles happen.

I've had buzzes and rattles since I bought it. It's a Y reg Japanese TS. It's been back to have the dash taken off and the sound deadening replaced.

It made no difference!

I used to have a buzz in the dash at around 4000rpm which made motorway driving a pain (I should use that as an excuse for driving at 100MPH! See my 'Racing the Cops' thread). That buzz has gone but I do get squeaks and buzzes from the sunroof and the plastic trim above the nearside rear window.

I get the rattle from the electric windows too but I automatically wind up, down a bit, up when I close them which usually does the trick.

I'll talk to a Dealer to see what they will do now. Talking of which - does anyone know of a GOOD Toyota dealer in North Essex? I bought the car from Camden Toyota in Dunstable, Bedfordshire and they were excellent. The Frinton and Ipswich dealerships are USELESS - real muppets.

cheers

Hi there,

I too have the dashboard rattle/buzz thing - on my t-sport (2001)

I've had the centre console off and I think that its coming from some of the various cables and cable ties - its just a case of finding which one ...

I find that my local dealership are ok with rattles, but they take a fair amount of hassling to get it sorted - I had a rattley boot lock that they solved by greasing it - been fine since.

regards

Lorne

Hi

I’ve owned two yaris t sports now and they both rattled

From the windows and dash by the Speedo, plastic panel at the rear etc.

The main one is the plastic one under ash tray on the centre console, told the dealer and they said sorry can’t be fixed as the plastic lug had it on the matrix heater. Looks like getting the blue tac out.

I think it has all to do with cheap recycling plastics on cars I looked at a Honda civic type R and the plastic was crap on that too.

The new Corolla is the same rattles.

Just like a baby’s rattle… rattle rattle rattle till it gets really annoying that you smash the ***** thing.

what are your 0-60 times like now oli?

best so far is 7.6sec

Am i right that Dynamat is a deadening material - like Brown Bread?

I had considered putting that behind the plastics as I've read that it can cut down on vibration that causes the buzzes.

If this is what you use it for, did you check with the dealer that your warrenty is intact? I'd mabey go ahead with the fitting if Toyota say it's OK and it doesn't affect re-sale/trade-in prices.

My wife wants us to upgrade to a new MR2 so perhaps I'll have to live with it.

must say i never got that on the old yaris but at times its bad on the TS my dealer said it was because the new one is made in france and not japan like the old one

i just think that this is bull and they are taking the easy way out

thats the french for you ... always causing problems!! My corolla is made in the uk and not a squeek :) ... so far

i think it's caused alot in the TS because the shocks are alot harder can S/GS models.

Just get a loud system and you won't hear a thing.

I noticed a loud click from the front (near door hinge) when going over bumps. This happened after I fitted lowering springs.

Not sure if its the suspension or door hinge or seat belt pretensioner.... :angry:

My yaris 1 litre was made in france but I dont have that problem at all :)

Hi, ive just joined this site, i got my yaris T sport 2 weeks ago, i bought it used from a dealer, its a 2001 and i have the same problem with the rattle in the door, i took it back to the dealer and they said, sorry cant do nothing about that its standard on the yaris! i couldent beleive it! what a reply! im gutted because i love the car so much but that rattle is soooooo annoying!

Does anyone know of any dealers near oxford that i can take it too that might respond a little better!

If anyone wants to solve the problems with their doors rattling then simply do the following.....

1. Unscrew the screw don inside the door drab handel, and also the one near the door release handle.

2. Unclip the door card from the door at the bottom edge first, working your way up each side.

3. Unscrew the two plastic trim retaining screws from just below the door mirror that are hidden by the dash when the door is closed.

4. Once all screws out and pops undone, the card should slide upward so that the window seal slides up the glass and out of its resting place between the door and the glass.

5. Disconnect the cable to the control pod for the windows/locks.

Looking at the door now you will see a metal rod that runs up to the locking pin towards the rear end of the door. This is what rattles that stops when people do the jiggery pockery with the window to stop it. To stop the rattling do the following:

1. Get some sticky back foam tape (about 5mm thick foam), firstly wrap the length of this rod in foam tape.

2. stick a length of foam tape on the door running up behind the rod, and cover all metal surfaces that the rod could rattle against.

3. You will also notice that the door pin is sitting inside a little white plastic sleeve that is attached to the door to keep it in the correct place to feed through the hole in the door card. You will also notice that this white plastic sleep moves around and rattles, simply stick foam tape to the door around this to stop it moving so much, but also so when it does move it makes no noise.

To stop further noise and reduce road noise, while you have the door cards off you may as well do the following:

1. use foam tape on the cable that runs from the inside door handle to the locing mechanism, make sure it cant rattle anywhere.

2. Foam tape the wiring looms.

3. Remove the plastic sheet (I have done this but might have warrenty issues).

4. Use dynamat on all metal surfaces behind the door card, cover as much of the inside surface of the outer skin as you can, then cover all unesscessary holes in the innner skin also.

5. Dynamat the inside surface of the door card.

6. Run foam tape around the inside edge of the door card that sits on the metal work of the door when the card is back in place (you will need thin foam tape for this one).

7. Using strips of electrical tape, pus the middle of the strip of tape onto the spike of the pop fixings that hold the door card to the metal, push down so that the hole pop thing peirces through the tape and then stick the tape down to the pilar that holds the pop fixing or to the inside of the door card on the shorter ones, this will stop the little things rattling around.

This should stop the rattling in the doors, but the main thing that rattles is that first thing mentioned, the door pin rod.

Cheers,

Steve.

any idea how to get access to the rear doors this way? :(

big rattle from the back left door lock on my car but i cant take the door panel off cos of the window winder

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links