Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rest In Peace

gordypix

So the MR2 is to be no more - But when?

I have heard from various places the plan is to replace it using a convertable version of the Gen 7 Celica and/or the Corolla......... :eek:

Sounds like a ludacris idea if you ask me. :angry:

The 2 is legendary and to scrap it altogether is sacrilage............

Yep it will be very sad when they stop making the MR2, but having said that it will make it all the more desirable I guess. I'm sure the mk2 will become a classic in a few more years.

Yep it will be very sad when they stop making the MR2, but having said that it will make it all the more desirable I guess. I'm sure the mk2 will become a classic in a few more years.

It`s a classic now. :D :thumbsup:

It`s a classic now. :D :thumbsup:

Not the 2 with the Ferrari bodykit though...............that ain't classic it's CRASS :lol:

the celica is gettin axed as well. but shouldnt be long before they come up with a replacement, its too big a market to miss out on

Not the 2 with the Ferrari bodykit though...............that ain't classic it's CRASS :lol:

Ain't that the truth :D :D :D

the celica is gettin axed as well. but shouldnt be long before they come up with a replacement, its too big a market to miss out on

It's just the US market that is losing the Celica. A gen 8 is planned for us lot in the future.

I heard they were both going... and being replaced with a single new 'sports model' - which may be the Gen 8, but it wont have the celica name..

I first heard of this 3 years ago. Toyota were axing the lot - Supra, Celica and MR2. Supra went 1st then it's the '2, to be followed shortly by the Celica.

This was all to make way for Toyota's new flagship sports car, But it seams they kept the MR2 and Celica on a bit longer than intended and gave the new sports car to Lexus to sell???

Who knows what they are actually planning on doing :rolleyes:

the mr2 and the celica will be gettin cancelled at the same time. i was told its cos there making there sportier models under the lexus name from now on, makes more sense when you think about the extra money they could make from the names sake

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links