Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front Or Rear Mount Intercooler

Yas.Gti.......R!

Hi peeps,

Just wondering if anyone has attemped a front or rear mount IC, or has either one on their 2.

What the results would be like, or you reckon it would be the same as upgrading the side mount?

Just looking at the option's at the mo, so any info would be great.

Thanks

Yasin :thumbsup:

...this is one of the reasons i stay on IMOC these days :blink:

Front mount... on an MR2??? :blink:

...this is one of the reasons i stay on IMOC these days  :blink:

Front mount... on an MR2???  :blink:

Just a thought :hokus-pokus: !!

...this is one of the reasons i stay on IMOC these days  :blink:

Front mount... on an MR2???  :blink:

Bah, you'd probably get told you need to check weather you have a "thin" or "thick" walled block before they would give you an answer :rolleyes:

Just wondering if anyone has attemped a front or rear mount IC, or has either one on their 2.

What the results would be like, or you reckon it would be the same as upgrading the side mount?

Front mount has been done, virtually ANYONE with any knowledge will tell you NO, it would create massive lag & you would have to have a HUGE turbo and it wouldn't be streetable. The ONLY people I know of who have successfully done it is Garage Active in Japan...and the !Removed! are crazy but a place like Garage Actvie has the $$ to try something a crazy as that.

Trunk mount is more fesiable option but it has to be done right to work well. Some ideas:

Intercooler.jpg

TMIC2.jpg

TMIC3.jpg

TMIC4.jpg

Trunkmountintercooler1.jpg

This is just a rush post but can probably track down the garage active pics. Sidemount is most definitly the easier route.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

This is just a rush post but can probably track down the garage active pics. Sidemount is most definitly the easier route.

KiwiMR2 your a star mate, them pic's and info is good enough for me.

Nice 1 mate

Yas :thumbsup:

P.S

QUOTE(EarL @ Apr 26 2005, 12:20 PM)

...this is one of the reasons i stay on IMOC these days

Front mount... on an MR2???

Earl you may want to check out "Garage Active in Japan" :P

front mount has been done on the phoenix/garage ********ui (i think) mr2. the pipes went right through the cabin. so no more passenger seat. ive seen a picture of a 2 that has actually mounted his ic in the rear like where the license plate would be. not sure if it would cool efficient tho. but like kiwi has shown, trunk mounts are becoming more and more common because it is cheap to construct. i think the problem of having it right flush with the trunk is heatsoak tho. most guys i know draw air from the bottom and flow it out through a reverse scoop or between the taillights.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links