Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

If You Could Have Any Toyota Of Your Choice?

scionic

I've always wanted a Supra Twin Turbo..... so I guess it'd have to be that! Although tbh I'd be happy with a Yaris Turbo Cabrio..... :lol::lol:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scionic

• Bibbs

• Leeky

• Twincam.GTi

Leeky Posted Today, 12:55 PM

QUOTE(Twincam.GTi @ Apr 27 2005, 01:49 PM)

Celica RA28 (1976-77era) is my favorite Toyota ever

1977ToyotaCelica2000RA28.jpg

Yeahhhhh!

I'd glady swap one of my danglers for one of those anyday

Yeah Groovy 70's Man!

Now wheres my striped flairs and flowery shirt :lol: and my other halfs lookin' for her denim 'Hot pants' and 'Yeti' boots :drool::lol:

Let the good times roll

Celica RA28 (1976-77era) is my favorite Toyota ever

1977ToyotaCelica2000RA28.jpg

Yeahhhhh! :D

I'd glady swap one of my danglers for one of those anyday :lol:

Hear Hear! :yes:

I want a mk3 MR2... Would have to be a Turbo tho... :P ... I aint fussy :P anyone wanna give me one? (a mk3 MR2 that is :P)

Think my auntie has the 3 lock diff on her Cruiser  :thumbsup:

!Removed! nice motor that!!!

Yep. I used to have a 1988 Land Cruiser (FJ62), a few years back. Drove it all over the Pacific Northwest about 150k miles worth. Solid, dependable vehicle. Leaf springs all 'round, 155hp and 4500 lbs. Considerably less quick and comfortable than the FJ80-100's and no 3 locking diff option, but I loved it just the same. That was when SUV's were for people who intended to use them rather than daily transport for the kids or a status symbol on 22" chrome. :rolleyes:

Love the new ones though, well the semi-new. The FJ80 was the pinnacle, that was the last to have a solid front axle. I think some ruggedness was lost when they went to the V8 and the new A-arm front suspension. :(

Agreed, do you never sleep, or work, or anything apart from TOC... I see myself as a regular TOCer but ive made less posts than you and ive been a member since January!  Must be all these "Debates" you start  :lol:

It's completely ridiculous, I have to concur. Don't worry though. I'll do what I do with all forums I join. Either get banned for angering the wrong moderator or just grow tired of it and disappear off it one day forever. :thumbsup:

Which one's this?  Fish and chips or curry?

Lexus%20SC430%202002%20-%20039.jpg

It's an underpowered jumped up 206CC .. with the "sporty" run flat tyres ..

I think it's a Halibut .. :yes:

It's an underpowered jumped up 206CC .. with the "sporty" run flat tyres ..

I think it's a Halibut ..  :yes:

300 horsepower V8 and 0-100kmh in 6 seconds flat is underpowered?

Have you ever sat in one of these cars, or even seen one in person?

I can understand if the look is not for you, but to compare it to that Peugeot is absurd.

Since Toyota's seem unimpressive to you, tell us what your dream car would be. What do you think of as worthy? Lotus? Ferrari?

I would love to have an exotic too, then again ^ that car is fairly exotic and it will actually be reliable and not leave you stranded on a remote road somewhere in a rainstorm. :thumbsup:

300 out to the V8 .. yeah, why not use the Supra engine - and keep the sora/supra links ..

0-60 in 6 seconds .. yawn .. I'd feel I'd gone from 1st to 3rd ..

My dream car? De Tomaso Pantera GT5S

deto1.jpg

But she needs twin turbo's ..

Not quick by a long shot ..

0-60mph in 5.5 and top end of 157 - about the same as a stock MR2 Turbo ..

I could be wrong, but I don't think a turbo MR does 0-60 in 5.5 seconds. At least none of the ones we got here did. More like 6 seconds, just like the SC430.

I like the DeTomaso, but the Ford drivetrain isn't very exotic for the price. Cheap to modify probably, but crude.

The new Porsche Carerra GT is one of my favorites. 0-60 is 3.6, I beleive. That should be sufficient for you. :yes:

But just FYI, to most people anything under 7 seconds feels pretty damn fast.

You only got the 200bhp Turbo in the US .. set to run in high temps on cheap fuel and still be okay on the emissions.

The Japese 89-94 MR2 was 5.5 seconds (225ps), and 5.2 for the 95-00 cars (245ps). But those BHP figures are very conservative as to not upset GT4 (255ps) and Supra (285ps) owners in Japan (because the supra was only allowed 280bhp due to the agreement between Toyota, Nissan, Mazda etc). All of the MR2's redline in 5th (about 155~165mph depending on the size of your tyres)

We didn't get *any* turbo's in europe.

The Cararra GT is very nice (one just down the road at Porsche UK HQ). But damn who expensive. I'm not a *normal* Ferrari fan, the 355, 360's are nothing special (The F40/50/60 are loverly though).

I'm a fan of big engined cars .. Like the Pantera. I also like the Monaro, the XR6 & XR8 (and they are Fords!). I'm a big fan of the Esprit too .. 3.5, V8, Twin turbo and the engine in the right place ..

Any of these three would keep me happy for the rest of my life :D

Esprit.JPG

F40.JPG

caspita.JPG

Hmm, all mid engined, RWD, larged engined.

Was the Caspita engine blown?

Nope was an N/A flat 12 :)

The thing redlined at 10,000rpm :wacko: Crazy car :D

Ah, I thought that might be it, the MR2 we got having less power, that is.

How is it that you guys never got a turbo at all though? That's a raw deal! MR2's are fun in any form IMO, but the "tubbies" are just extra-extra fun. You really need to be a good driver to handle one properly though IMO. I'm an excellent driver, but I nearly put my friends MR2 turbo sideways on a freeway entrance ramp when I hit some unexpected sand. If not for my superhuman driving skills all would have been lost! :eek:

F40 is probably my favorite Ferarri up front, but there are many I love. Anything from the giant 612 Scaglietti to the classic little Daytona Spyder

But... we were talking about TOYOTA'S right?

Like I said, my one pick would the Landcruiser Amazon TD for all around usefulness and go-anywhereness.

Of the sports cars, the second gen MR2 is my favorite, closely followed by the SupraTT tied with the current generation Soarer. MR comes first in my heart just because I love smaller sports cars and really love mid-engined cars (so naturally I bought a Yaris shaped like a bread box)

Dream Toyota, eh? I can think of a few.

110_1072_RT8_toyota7.jpg

Not bad. Or maybe, I'd have:

ivanBaja1000-98.jpg

Iron Man \m/ I'd drive it on the street just to anger scionic. If I want to go even faster while on the dirt:

Millen.jpg

11 years and the record still stands. Rod Millen is awesome. Or, maybe I want a Toyota that is attached to a legendary American name:

7013.jpg

Genesis of Toyota racing. Campaigned in SCCA C-Production by Carroll Shelby. But then, I've always had a soft spot for the Group C/IMSA GTP era:

toyota-eaglemkiii01.jpg

Hott.

And, the point of this exercise....that I can't make my mind up about anything :P

Black Supra TT Aerotop 6 speed but my ultimate car is the Lambo SE30 in that purple colour mmmmmmm drools

Sure, if you've got a catribizzillion dollars handy!

Seriously though, there are only a handful left in the world and they go for nearly a $1 mil U.S. I think.

Good choice though..

Dream Toyota, eh?  I can think of a few.

110_1072_RT8_toyota7.jpg

Not bad.  Or maybe, I'd have:

7013.jpg

Genesis of Toyota racing.  Campaigned in SCCA C-Production by Carroll Shelby.  But then, I've always had a soft spot for the Group C/IMSA GTP era:

toyota-eaglemkiii01.jpg

Hott.

And, the point of this exercise....that I can't make my mind up about anything :P

Those might even impress 'ol Bibbs. :thumbsup:

Supra TT with greek plates,and unlimited gas station coupons for free 100 octane unleaded.

Or if I have to pay for that my self, Celita TS kompressor.

I do like the Lanc Cruiser 90 but I am too young for that :)

Mint low miler Supra twin turbo Type R, in aero top, black body, black interior.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links