Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

If You Could Have Any Toyota Of Your Choice?

scionic

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scionic

• Bibbs

• Leeky

• Twincam.GTi

Never liked the front end of that style Corolla, looks too much like a little smiling happy pokemon character or something.

I'm sure the mechanicals are brilliant though!

This is the one and only!

sc.jpg

Take this beast for a ride... In your dreams

You'll see one of those on TOC one day i can promise you that ;)

Oh forgot about that little beauty

Have you got any more pics of it?

Here is a link for you :thumbsup:

TTE.de

*Dude .. I thought the rally car was a 1.6 SC wih drums on the back

*Joke ..

i'd want a Soarer really. awesome car imo. executive Supra style :)

Soarer.jpg

or an MR2 Tubby, rev 3, 4 or 5. or a Supra TT :thumbsup:

You like the old one?

I think it's OK, but the new Soarer is sooo much sexier and more unique. The one above looks just like a typical executive coupe to me, whereas THIS looks like a modern day Japanese rendition of a 356!

sc430-03.jpg

The new soarer is :censor:!!! its now much more of a midlife crisis poser mobile.. more about the lexus Badge attatched (in certain markets) and the lack of a lid then being a goos alround GT...

The old soarer came first place in the US JD Power survey EIGHT times. Why they never released it in the UK, I'll never know....

for starters its only avaliable in N/A form!!!!

I had two proper soarers (in twin turbo form, of course)

Truely awesome cars... its a mk4 supra underneath, but without the image problem ;)

Dirt cheap now too...

soarer2.jpg

Quality car ;)

The new soarer is  :censor:!!! its now much more of a  midlife crisis poser mobile.. more about the lexus badge attatched (in certain markets) and the lack of a  lid then being a goos alround GT...

The old soarer came first place in the US JD Power survey EIGHT times. Why they never released it in the UK, I'll never know....

for starters its only avaliable in N/A form!!!!

I had two proper soarers (in twin turbo form, of course)

Truely awesome cars... its a mk4 supra underneath, but without the image problem  ;)

Dirt cheap now too...

Quality car ;)

Hmm. You see midlife crisis poseur mobile, I see one of the very few interesting looking cars Toyota even builds any more.

Everyone gripes about them building bland, boring cars. This and the MR2, which is soon to be cancelled (in the US at least) are the only two interesting cars they even build anymore. The new Soarer looks like a sports roadster, the old looks like a dull executive coupe, imo. No one stops and stares at THAT. It inspires no passion. I'm sure it's a great drive but it's plain vanilla when it comes to styling and that's what Toyota is always being faulted with.

Midlife crisis poseurs buy LOTS of great cars. That's what being in a midlife crisis is all about. It doesn't make the cars any less good, well unless you more concerned with image than substance at least.

Sorry but to me the old Soarer/SC3/400 is a yawn as far as styling goes. It's harkens back to the 1990's anonymous Lexus cars, the design phase they are finally escaping thank god!

Oh, the Lexus SC300/400 (soarer) we got in the U.S. had the N/A 3 liter or a 4 liter V8 option.

The new soarer (the sexy one) has a 4.3 liter V8 and drives and handles circles around the old one. And really, which one do you honestly see an old man driving. Think about it.

WEll, I guess the old shape is twoa penny in the US... they are ALL imports over here, and fairly rare!!!

I can assure you mien got looks!!! Especially the totally debaged one... no one knew what it was!!! With 0-60 in 5.6 it suprised a few "performance car" owners too... mainly Subaru drivers ;)

And really, which one do you honestly see an old man driving

You have never been to Henley have you? ;) Admitedly most midlife candidates already have a 911/boxter....

In my eyes the new one looks like the ***** love child of an audi TT and an SLK.... Proving that "lexus" are back at what they do best... copying the germans... the older shape they devised themself (in california I believe). this was the shape that the europeans copied! (looks at the Mercedes CL that came out years later, complete with double hinged doors).

The DB7/XK8 (same car) was developed to take on the soarer, and bring that idea to Europe ;)

Before I was into Mkiii supras... guess what I majored on folks?

WEll, I guess the old shape is twoa  penny in the US... they are ALL imports over here, and fairly rare!!!

I can assure you mien got looks!!! Especially the totally debaged one... no one knew what it was!!! With 0-60 in 5.6 it suprised a few "performance car" owners too... mainly Subaru drivers ;)

And really, which one do you honestly see an old man driving

You have never been to Henley have you? ;) Admitedly most midlife candidates already have a 911/boxter....

Ah, I hadn't considered that. Yes, they are a dime a dozen or two a penny here. Nothing special at all. 0-60 in 5.6? You must have had the turbo version we didn't get here. Ours were not that fast. Not even the 4.0 liter V8 was that fast. They were pretty quick, but not sub 6 second quick.

Boxsters are common here too, 911's not quite as much but there are many. But no matter how many balding heads I see in Boxsters, it won't make me judge the car by that. I like what I like based on how the car looks to me, how it's built, what it does and so forth. Not who drives it.

It seems like you all are a bit more pre-occupied with that image thing than we are. Can't drive a Subaru because "chavs' drive them. Don't like this because it's a midlife crisis car. BMW's suck because of the people who drive them and so forth.

The old Soarer is a pretty nice car, but at least without the 5.6 sec 0-60, I see it as a nothing extraordinary. It's a coupe version of the bland Lexus sedans of the 1990's.

soarer2.jpg

That's your driveway?

No wonder you live at home.

I bet the house is magnificent. :yes:

Must be nice...

You should see where I live. :lol::ph34r:

You can see the bum of my supra in that pic!!!!

pretty much all the pics in my TOC garages are taken there....

I live there because if I moved out I could not even afford a flat right now :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links