Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tiny Knockin From Something

em_ar_two

i got a knockin noise which seems to be coming from the back, ive had it in the garages but they cant hear it but i can and my mates can, so i need to try figure out what it is myself, i thought maybe wheel bearings or something, what would you guys sugest lookin at or doing

check droplinks, its quite a common problem.

Depending where it's coming from, it could be your top mounts or even a shocker gone. Check your exhaust mounts too.

I've got a knocking sound at the back I'm trying to find out what it is.

Joe

thanks for the replys, does anyone know what is the problem with the drop links to make them falt, ive just read something bout ball joins but from looks of that pic it dosent look like it would solve a knocking, joe if you find anything let me know. i can only hear mine when i accelerate it seems to go with the movement of the car

thanks for the replys, does anyone know what is the problem with the drop links to make them falt, ive just read something bout ball joins but from looks of that pic it dosent look like it would solve a knocking, joe if you find anything let me know. i can only hear mine when i accelerate it seems to go with the movement of the car

Had to have the front droplinks replaced on mine, it's the ball joint on them that wears out over time and you get 'play' in them (knocking sound). You'd get the sound all of the time though, especially noticable at low speed on bumpy roads.

Not sure about yours only making noise under acceleration. I'd still check exhaust for play though.

Joe

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links