Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turbo Insurance

Robbo49

Im 24 and have been told by multiple companies that until im 25, ive no chance of insuring a tubby!!!!!

I keep hearing everyone on here mention that when they are 21 its turbo for them!!!

How come i cant find a company that will touch me for another year?????

Please help.

-->Robbo

alrie mate try elephant.co.uk...gave me the same qoute for an Mr2 import as they did for a Turbo import and im only 20... :eek:

alrie mate try elephant.co.uk...gave me the same qoute for an Mr2 import as they did for a Turbo import and im only 20... :eek:

How much you paying mate. i went with admrial on a standard non import 2ltr t-bar group 16. Mine comes out at £790 fully comp

i'm also 24 and i got a quote form admiral of £530 FC for a '92 tubby!

i'm gonna go for the UK n/a @ £430 FC though.

How much you paying mate. i went with admrial on a standard non import 2ltr t-bar group 16. Mine comes out at £790 fully comp

baring in mind in only 20 with two years no claims....they said £1250.....

hello im new, im 20 and my uk mr2 is costing me 1800 quid. Its the area you live in makes a massive differance.

if you are under 25 with good NCB, you should be qouted around the 800 mark,

o yeah if you live in within these killer postcodes

WC 1 - W10

EC1- E17

SE anywhere lol!! :D

your qoute can change (london sorry dont know about the rest of the country)

Give People's Choice and Adrian Flux a try, they are both brokers but I've heard of quite a few people getting insured via them on high-spec and/or modded cars.

Hello, i live in the good old north of england and i had a nightmare insuring my tubbie at first.

Im with Direct Line, when i rang them (i was currently driving a 2.0l 16v seat ibiza cupra sport fully comp) i was quoted and extra £50 to get insured on a mr2 turbo, i was 24 at this point. Woo hoo!!!! i thought, sold the Ibiza and bought a white MR2 turbo. On the way down i rang the insurance company told them i wanted the insurance changing over only to be greeted with errrrm, no your not 25!!! :ffs:

So i did what anyone else would do, told them to buy the car off me so that i could get another car or insure me, which they did in the end.

Ok, here's the qoute - im 25 now, no points etc etc, full claims - £750 fully comp. :thumbsup:

Thats not too bad taking the fact that these cars are way up in the insurance bracket.

I'll only go Direct Line as you get the documents asap - they give you cheap brakedown cover + if awt goes wrong actually bring the hire car to your door and take yours away for repair - this has happend twice to me - non of them were my fault :thumbsup:

Cheers :thumbsup:

Ok, here's the qoute - im 25 now, no points etc etc, full claims - £750 fully comp.  :thumbsup:

Thats not too bad taking the fact that these cars are way up in the insurance bracket.

so my quote of £530 FC on a tubby is pretty damn good (i'm 24, lean licence, 6 yrs ncd, 30 miles out of london)

well, ive tried about 15 companies today and only adrian flux would quote me, i got it at £1400, which im not willing to pay when i can get a N/A for £750, i just cant justify spending that much on insuracne now-a-days!!!

im 24 in sept, 3 pnts - bald tyre, 3 pnts - speeding, no claims, will have 2 yr NCB in june touch wood!!! and live in a PR postcode!

hmmmmm

oh well, looks like its gonna be another UK T-Bar for me!!!

-->Robbo

I pay £800 fully comp for my n/a, i have zero no claims tho as I was on my dads insurance.

i feel REALLY sorry for you guys :(.

let me show you why.... you pay say *700 quid* for full insurance.

work it out... in nzdollars thats x 3... thats $2100NZ

Ok fair enough... my gfs paying $1250, full cover, with me (18, one speeding fine), her (19, 1 crash, not her fault, no other fines), her parents...

(gen 4 GT)

devided by 3... 416 pound a year..... thats both of us, winshield, mags, etc everything.

move to nz!

imove to nz!

very tempting!!! i fancy emigrating but dont know where to start

sell everything you own, come to nz, with exchange rate you make 3x your cash. buy everything new :).

Eg, 5 pound might buy you a burger and frys (combo) for macdonald's (maybe less) not compeltely sure, anyway, that costs roughly $5 here... depedant on combo...

see what im getting at? you come here with 10,000 pound, you have 30,000 nz dollars, and everything costs the !Removed! same.... so in short, your making 300% profit by just moving.

**** exchange rate :(

imove to nz!

very tempting!!! i fancy emigrating but dont know where to start

whats 3 times nothing?

its a plan for the future, im even persuading her to the idea!

I would miss red phone boxes, sideways rain, cans of Carling and my local chippy.

Think I will stick with the high price car insurance.

if they still get stella then im happy!!!

im sure youll find something like it....

dunedin is very scottish (yah yah i know), but chances are well have english beer.

hell, dunedin (our town) has robbie burns's statue in the center of town!

just sell everything, and youll make a pretty penny.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links