Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Nankang Tyres...

Jimlad

Curious as to what you guys think of Nankangs??

To get my motor back on the road I also need to get a new set of rear tyres. Seeing as it's the summer months etc do you think it would be ok to go with such a tyre?

Rico has them on the rear of his motor... he seems to think they're ok.

I can get 2 for about £120 as opposed to £160-£170 for Toyos.

Curious as to what you guys think of Nankangs??

To get my motor back on the road I also need to get a new set of rear tyres. Seeing as it's the summer months etc do you think it would be ok to go with such a tyre?

Rico has them on the rear of his motor... he seems to think they're ok.

I can get 2 for about £120 as opposed to £160-£170 for Toyos.

Round. Black. Stop the rims dragging on the floor..... They`ll do. :D

had them on soarer.. great wheelspinning in 4th gear!!

Personally

NO

look at the prices in gold :thumbsup:

never scrimp on tyres - they are the only contact between you and the road.

get decent ones on.

look at the prices in gold  :thumbsup:

get decent ones on.

agreed

tyres and brakes are never things that you say, nah thatll do

i had nangkang deathmasters on my yaris..... is spun it once and dropped it ina ditch, they are absolute trash

i learned the lesson the hard way! (although they did come as a tyre/wheel deal!)

yup, after seeing the difference between my goodyears and my falkens (which arent the best!)

i will never ever go for mid budget

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ......

From the man who's spun off the road twice ..

think of Nankangs??

i certainly wouldn't be tempted....just from the name they sound poor!

stick to f1's or similar i say...esp on a car like an mr2.

the fact that I'll probably spin off the road by the end of the year anyway.... maybe I should go for the best tyres.... lol ... :)

So far I've had one crash per year..... scary stuff!! ... don't blame me!... it's me crazy car! (or lack of rear tyre tread!)

the fact that I'll probably spin off the road by the end of the year anyway.... maybe I should go for the best tyres.... lol ... :)

So far I've had one crash per year..... scary stuff!! ... don't blame me!... it's me crazy car! (or lack of rear tyre tread!)

Me thinks it's your right foot's fault :P :P

lmao....

I'm off to play with the loverly ladies and drink some fine beverages :)

Will have a think about the tyres.

I've had Nankang NS-2's on my MR2 for about 6 months. They are pretty damn good in the dry to be honest, you can really chuck it around at speed. However, they don't seem very stable in the wet, twice I have spun the car round bends (but maybe I was going too fast, hard to say).

I guess I'm in two minds over them. They're pretty good overall for the money but next time I'll probably get better brands and see if they're better in wet conditions.

i've ordered some Toyo T1-R's for my 17's, should get them very soon i hope! could tell you what my impression on them is then.

look at the prices in gold  :thumbsup:

get decent ones on.

Spot on. No point having a performance car if you're going to throw it all away with the tyres.

i've ordered some Toyo T1-R's for my 17's, should get them very soon i hope! could tell you what my impression on them is then.

I've got T1-R's on my new wheels, as I heard good reviews, and got them cheap with Gold discount. Wheels aren't on car yet (long story), but will also report back.

ive gone from avons on 15s to nankangs on 16s and i say they are pap. i can get my 2 to understeer with them in the wet!!!!

you can better than nankangs but it doesnt have to be toyos, have a look and ask opinions, i speak highly of avons, had them on a few cars, pirellis are good also but dont last 5 mins

ive gone from avons on 15s to nankangs on 16s and i say they are pap. i can get my 2 to understeer with them in the wet!!!!

you can better than nankangs but it doesnt have to be toyos, have a look and ask opinions, i speak highly of avons, had them on a few cars, pirellis are good also but dont last 5 mins

I managed to get hold of BF Goodrich tyres on my old golf GTi, compared to the Avon ZZ3's I had on before there was no comparison, the BF's were better byu about 3 times in both the dry and wet. Tyres are crucial..

I have nankangs on my 2 at the mo as they came with the car.. Just trying to wheelspin them clean so I can justify to the Missus about getting some new ones :thumbsup: .. I would defo get BF Goodrich again ..

Horrible tyres horrible!!! I still have a set on the front on mine and the front end just skates around of its own free will in the wet. (well when I try to corner at any speed anyway).

Save up the cash and get something better. Although there is bags of tred left on the nangkang's im getting them changed ASAP for a set of Toyo T1-R's :D

I was reccomended Toyo's as it's what all the Elise boys are/were running.

I know the Mk2 is haevier and more of a GT but it's better than no help :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links