Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dash Bulbs... (you Know It Will Never Go Away)

Hamlesh

Does anyone have technical info for the mrk2 (L plate) dash bulbs? I know how to get to them and the like, but I'd like to know which bulbs I need, and get them before I start taking the dash apart. Anyone have any info on them?

I take it they are bayonet style (its late, I cant spell), if so I might get me some blue led jobs from fleabay.

Any help would be appreciated.

i had one go on my dash, so i went to toyota and asked very nicely

the chap came back with a list of SEVEN different types, and asked me ehat year my car was

94 i reply.... oh! that rules out one then! :huh:

'youll have to remove the cluster and bring it in or we can look at it for £60' :huh:

so on that note and a tad miffed i went home to strip out the panel, when i got it out the bulbs twist out from the back and low and behold

...exactly the same as capless sidelight bulbs

75p later at the garage down the road, swapped the bulb in the holder, popped it back in, jobs a fish :D

*tip of the day, replace the whole lot of them, 7 in total, will be a nacker if one goes next week :lol:

DCP_2796.sized.jpg

So those bulbs?

I was hoping to replace them with a different colour, maybe blue, failing that I just want to be able to see the whole damn dash again so normal ones will be fine :)

Guess I know what i'll be doing on Monday.

Thanks again.

hes talking about dash bulbs.

those ones are indicator bulbs... (and lenses) and in this case, only available in gen 4+ (being on guard instead of front bumper).

those bulbs are called T10's, a mate of mine changes LED's so they fit into those locations, (got 7 colour parkies? lol).

hamlesh, yes they are the ones, normal capless side bulbs, i suppose you could swap them for led sides,,,

hmm got me thinking now

Yeah, replace ALL the bulbs at the same time, it'd look rather !Removed! also, with just one area looking super dooper new and bright, where everywhere else, is a bit dull.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links