Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Head Unit Information

shaunster

Hi

I have a MR2 MK2 GTi (1991) UK,

Im wanting to swap the Toyota 13702 radio/cassette to my Sony CD player but don't know which conversion adaptor to buy.

Apparantly there is active speaker and none active speaker adapters and I don't know what mine is.

How can you tell.

Can anyone help please?????

Shaun :help:

lol just look at the plug and order the one for that plug, mines active and its a little white one, if its active there 25-30 quid plus the cost of your sony to iso lead if you havent got one.

lol just look at the plug and order the one for that plug, mines active and its a little white one, if its active there 25-30 quid plus the cost of your sony to iso lead if you havent got one.

Thanks, Got a lead from Halfords £29.99 and it works a treat????

you'll soon know if its active or not, coz it sounds pretty good for standard, sounds like it is from the price

Halfords stock or can get hold of both types of ISO adaptors for the MR2. Get both and whichever you don't use you can take back for a refund :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Just bought the ISO adapter for my MR2 which has Active Speakers.

Everything dead easy to install but ended up with two problems:-

1. Electric Aerial doesn't operate - stays up all the time.

Could probably figure this one out reasonably easily - the head unit has an aerial lead and I probably need to just find out which lead that needs to connect to on the car.

2. Very loud 'thunk' from the subs as soon as the ignition is turned on.

This happens even if the pre-outs aren't even connected up. It's so loud I couldn't live with it, and can't think what I can do to overcome it, other than strip out the active system and replace it all with a seperate amp.

Has anyone else experienced this with head replacements and if so, what did you do to overcome it?

Thanks,

Tony

2. Very loud 'thunk' from the subs as soon as the ignition is turned on.

this is normal, i work on large concert stages and this happens if the gain or volume is turned up when power is turned on, try turning the volume down then switching your ignition on or off.

The active systems have a sub (rectangle grill) behind the passenger seat ;)

1. Electric Aerial doesn't operate - stays up all the time

all you need to do is find the two remote leads one from the back of the sterio and one on the ISO lead. this will tell the antenna to go up and down, works the same way as a remote lead from a head unit to an amp.

i aologise for any spelling, ive been out ohn the town :wacko:

Thanks for your help with this Vince.

The problem is that the AMP seems to be on full volume even before the head unit comes on. I get the thunk right away without the head unit turned on and if it is on, but with low volume.

I think I just realised that maybe the problem is related to the aerial - maybe both the Amp and the Aerial are getting a signal to turn them on before the head unit is on. I think I'll follow your advice to sort out the aerial problem first and maybe it will also fix the other problem.

Thanks again for your help, it's much appreciated.

Cheers,

Tony

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links