Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A62 Gelderd Road Leeds - Please Read

scg

Hello Toyota owners

I don't how many of you guys on here use the A62 Gelderd Road which links the M62/M621 with Leeds city centre, but I thought I'd let you know that the council plan to reduce the speed limit which is currently 60mph to 50mph & 40mph

This is possibly one of the nicest stretches of road left untouched in Leeds as I'm sure anyone who has used it will agree. The council are currently advertising for

objections which have to be in by June 1st.

In the past 5 years there have been 5 serious injuries and one casualty, contrasted with the vast volumes that use the road, this is a miniscule amount and there is no saying that making the speed limit would have made any difference. In the report by the council even the Police said the speed limit was reasonable given the surrounding areas!

To show both sides of the story I've attached a link at the bottom that shows the council's findings.

I would really urge people to object to these proposals, rather than complaining after the horse has bolted. Bear one thing in mind - ONCE SPEED LIMITS ARE REDUCED THEY WILL NOT BE PUT BACK UP.

Objections should be emailed to john.knipe@leeds.gov.uk quoting reference A76/jak/868626 alternatively if you're old school (like me) and wish to write he can be

contacted at:

Development Section

Department of Legal and Democratic Services

Civic Hall

Leeds

LS1 1UR

Link to council's findings is

http://www.leeds.gov.uk/files/2005/...6132c6f020e.pdf

F**ks sake. I love that road... it's a friggin' industrial area.... Im voting NO!

man that roads ace, i once saw a crash on that road lol

he flipped on the kerb, but it was his fault for driving recklessly

I don't know how! Part of the road is dual carriageway (sort of... overtaking lanes), the rest is as near as straight as can be and an industrial estate with Aston Garage and Roller garage.... that's already 40mph anyway!

I don't know how! Part of the road is dual carriageway (sort of... overtaking lanes), the rest is as near as straight as can be and an industrial estate with Aston Garage and Roller garage.... that's already 40mph anyway!

Whoops

is it not the road where leeds climbing wall is?

Yeah, that's part of it... the industrial bit. There's a round-a-bout... that could be where they hit? Other than that,they'd have to be really driving like a t*t to crash!

Yeah, that's part of it... the industrial bit. There's a round-a-bout... that could be where they hit? Other than that,they'd have to be really driving like a t*t to crash!

no he crashed just opposite leeds wall, on the T junction, he hit the kerb on the corner flipped up and landed on the tubular fencing thing

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links