Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Coilovers Owners Please Help Dummy.

Richard K

Hi all,

My Airbag suspension plans are now out the window.

I'm considering adjustable (for ride height) coilovers cos they're half the price of 'bags, and I like the look of kimi's even though they were still in the box :D

So my question to current owners of coilovers is:

How long does it take to change the ride height of the coilovers?

Could I finish work on Friday (4pm) and do it that night, or would I have to do it on Saturday morning to give me enough time.

My car's a daily driver, so I'd like raise it to the standard height for work, speed bumps, car entrance ramps, etc.

then drop it for car meets, track days, maybe once a month.

Thanks in advance

Rich K :thumbsup:

It's normally a case of raising the wheel and keep winding to a desired level.. I can do my mates Koni's by hand although there is a 'key' to help adjust. 30mins max for the front..

:thumbsup:

30 mins!! is that all? I thought it was more time consuming than that.

If I'd known, I'd have considered them sooner.

I'm sure the rears will take longer, but if I'm only spending 30-45mins on the fronts I'll have plenty of time for the rears.

thanks again.

Sorry, you need to remove the wheel, and whilst it is jacked up - you just crank the spindle nut thingy* upwards to compress the coil. Whack the wheel back on - replace and tighten wheel nuts - lower - re-tighten nuts . Repeat for other side.

As far as im concerned, this would be the same for rears..

Pop bonnet, adjust damping (10secs each!).

Stand back and admire

*forgot tech term

excellent, now to see what company does it for mine. TRD would be nice but expensive.

I feel Like a big kid now, cos I get to blow some money on new stuff. yippee

:thumbsup:

Ive been having a look around for adjustables and can only see Koni's or d2 racing at the moment Richard.

Ive been having a look around for adjustables and can only see Koni's or d2 racing at the moment Richard.

Cheers mate, cos I haven't spotted any.

Could you PM where you've seen them.

it was mentioned in a topic before that the suspension set-up is the same as the AE111 Levin. So I'll see what that brings up on the searches.

been thinking about suspension kits alot recently too, konis are the only ive seen, d2 racing (thought they did bike susp? can you linky :thumbsup: )

Do Tein do a setup for the 'Rolla's? Worth asking about I'd say, they do coilovers for a Yaris! :thumbsup:

I just went to a local place Richard and they said they could get them. I enquired about the d2's at JAE last year but not sure where to get them apart from directly. Dont think Tein do anything for our rolla Ryan.

The Levin has a different setup I think Richard. :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links