Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Southend

SMW

Just back from Southend.

Among the cruisers on the sea front I noticed a Scoobie with Police side decals. It also had something like ''making essex safer'' (or similar) on the side. The plate had 999 and WRX in it ? ?

No blue lights though - anyone know if this is a Police car or was it just a cruiser with strange taste ? ?

I think it's illegal to impersonate a cop car? (even though it's not a person.. wrong word/bad grammar/whatever.. <_< )

Maybe the law down that way have recognised the scene and are trying to get a bit more involved?

Hmm, sounds like a cruiser - am not in Southend, in another part of Essex but I'm sure I never see any scooby police cars.

sounds legit altho i would have thought thed go more undercover than to advertise which does make me question it slightly, ive seen an evo undercover but not a scoob as of yet

well today i saw a gs lexus cop car with the full markings, cops seem 2 be patroling in luxury on the m4 nowadays.

Yeah its illegal to impersonate a police-person in any way, including the car.

Perhaps a bunch of chavs nicked the flashy blue lights to stick under their 1.1 Novas..... :lol::lol::lol:

It might not be a police car, but some kind of affiliate, a car that just goes to cruises to warn people of muppet driving? just a thought :)

sheffield have 2 marked WRX sti's one marked EVO and an unmarked modified EVO FQ400 400bhp 0-60 in 3.5 secs!!! about 47000 quids worth of car! i cant justify that at all!

sheffield have 2 marked WRX sti's one marked EVO and an unmarked modified EVO FQ400 400bhp 0-60 in 3.5 secs!!! about 47000 quids worth of car! i cant justify that at all!

Err 783 x £60 fines and it`ll start paying for itself :ffs:

I've just spoken to a friend who went to Southend and it is apparently a real police car. :thumbsup:

I've just spoken to a friend who went to Southend and it is apparently a real police car. :thumbsup:

Wow - perhaps they have it to use for cruises etc only, can blend into the background more maybe? :unsure:

LOL I don't think it is a matter of blending in with police decals all over the side of it just a matter of maintaining a presence and increasing respect as people see they don't all drive Volvo's. :thumbsup:

Iv seen a BMW M5 in patrolling leeds before. A scooby up in north yorkshire and and i saw a Lotus Esprit a couple of years ago! All fully liveried Police Cars.

Mind you, that's nothing, in Northern Italy they have a Gallardo!

If they use the blues then they sometimes throw a "sticky" on the roof or the dashboard.

But they also have blue lights installed in the front and rear bumpers in some cars.

they have to keep up with fast cars somehow!

Couldn`t they just put induction kits on their fiestas????

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links