Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Aygo @ Bluewater

ka2cu

Today I got to Bluewater as soon as it opened! Why? To check out the Aygo as it is on show to the public for the first time in the UK.

You can view the pics that I took here: http://www.ka82.net/aygo

DSC09497_142x106.jpgDSC09486_142x106.jpgDSC09483_142x106.jpg

Enjoy!

I liked: Small compact size, nice cabin, seats were comfy, 5 door version was very usable even tho the door was tiny!

I didn't like: The taingate was a bit cheap, it felt a bit weak, on non-dark colours the glass tailgate just stands out too much and doesn't look as nice or as slick. The cabin lacks a Toyota feel to it but it is well built.

I have always wanted a Yaris and now they are making it bigger I am not too sure if I do now. So the Aygo has come at a perfect time really. The only model I would consider getting is the Sports version as it looks that much more better :)

Nice!

Thanks for all the great pics and the report.

The more of the Aygo I see, the more I like. :yes:

Thanks for that well written report Ka2cu and good pictures... However, you mention the T-Sport alloys are nice yet no picture of them :P

I was going to ask how the build quality was but you have answered that already :thumbsup:

Ooh thanks for sharing - that dashboard looks better than I thought it would - and the speedo under the steering wheel looks very modern - I'm gonna go to Bluewater this week actually as I need to buy things and will deffo have a look :D

Well, I predict awesome sales for the Aygo. Nice to see some proper shots of it too rather than those retouched ones that have been doing the rounds. I like it.

Well, I predict awesome sales for the Aygo. Nice to see some proper shots of it too rather than those retouched ones that have been doing the rounds. I like it.

I agree - its cute and quirky and much nicer than its Citroen C1/Peugeot 107 "cousins"

I cant wait for an Aygo section of the forum starts! :thumbsup:

The PSA connection still puts me off.

I don't get the impression that the engine, transmission or anything else is anything less than Toyota.

It's PSA riding Toyota's coat tails, not the other way around. I don't think you've anything to be put off by really. Unless it's just the idea of the cooperation itself.

Nice to know Bluewater hasnt changed - I went there loads a few years back and its still the same.....

Does anyone know of they still have the off road Land Rover type thing going on up the hill at the side?

That's a very nice report there and loved your website layout!

I still don't really like the Aygo as a whole but I can appreciate some of the design features individually, like the rear light cluster. It's great to see some really good pictures. :thumbsup:

Caz.

The more I look at my Aygo magazine the more I want one!

I got so excited and busy chatting to the reps I forgot to take more pics. The Sport alloys are just chunky and cute at least easy to clean.

Note: Never buy alloys with lots narrow gaps, takes AGES to clean, it gets even worse when you don't wash your car often.

The PSA connection puts me off too but then in true Japanese style they know that the standard platform body is not good enough. Just look at the Pug's & Cit's efforts, just ugly. What's with that huge grill and massive black bumper?

Oh yes the rep said that the Sports version should retail around £8-9k, ouch... For a sport that has the same engine as the regular one... Bit odd!

I just want to know what is the official insurance group it is going to be and how much the Air Con as a extra is going to cost.

I guess that it be a group 2/3, lower the better for me as a new driver :)

I have requested for an Aygo forum for these boards, please help support it by posting a message here. I guess the admin are planning it soon but there is already a lot of interest in it and it's just a mess with Aygo topics all over the place.

It would be great if they could shove a 1.3 in there for the "sport" version.

Nothing worse than a "sport" version that consists of only different seat fabrics and special wheels and a Badge or something. I'd rather they not call it "sport" version if they don't at least include stiffer suspension and/or a hotter engine. And nothing with a 12-13 second 0-60 should say "sport" anywhere on it. :lol:

I've added to your website suggestions post ka2cu - I think an Aygo forum is a great idea! :thumbsup:

8-9k eh..... perhaps a bit on the expensive side, however that is roughly what a middle range Yaris costs so I guess it works out if you think about it!

I would buy an Aygo Sport for 8-9k! Its just a shame I'm holding out for new Yaris! :lol:

This weeks Auto Express has the Aygo on their group test!

Check it out when your next in the shops.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links