Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No Body Wants Me!

Chuck04

<_< :( Been e-mailing company after company trying to find some damn work experience in the east sussex area, eastbourne/brighton/hove/hastings.

As part of my uni course i have to do a 6 week summer work experience within an interactive/design environment, so basically been lookin for design, web design, flash, flash games those areas

but :crybaby: no body seems to want me, the'v either got some1 already or just not replying, sent out 2 e-mails to each company so far, one initial contact and then another with my CV

any tips or suggestions? may end up calling them all next and hounding them :lol:

i need to get a summer job!!

Will anyone give me one please

I am a very lazy but lazely smart will travel up to half an hour

Call them!

Its far easier to ignore an email than someone on the phone! You dont need to hound people, if people feel pressured they are less likely to help.... just ask to speak to a department head or maybe even HR/Personnel. Explain your predicament and ask if they can help. Its more personable by phone and people will understand your plight more than by an email!

Just go for it lad and some company will pull through for you! :thumbsup:

Best of luck!

cheers em :thumbsup: lets hope so

just dont like the thought of them saying no haha, or even more amusing asking me to e-mail them a cv :ffs: :censor: :P

My olny advice would be not to leav e it to the last minute... but thats probably not too helpful now :wacko:

Just keep on asking... WE had to do that at uni too (industrial product design at Brunel)

yeah, my advice...

Call them, say you want the opportunity to come in and give them a 10-minute presentation of your abilities and workmanship..

then wow them with talent :thumbsup:

The biggest thing to remember, is not to take rejection personally... and just be stubborn - ensure you sell yourself..

Come get a job at my Makro! We always need staff! Just so long as you ain't too lazy... i like good workers on my team!

Come get a job at my Makro! We always need staff! Just so long as you ain't too lazy... i like good workers on my team!

Full time?

Is there anything you can do without too much consumer interacteration, as my hearings gone a bit pear shaped i have trouble undertstanding people!

oi matt stop hijacking my thred :lol:

well i sent out a load more e-mails today to the same companies, one replied sounding interested, rest said no

yea ill give them a call, feeling abit **** today, not very well so once i get my voice back ill call them up

Full time?

Is there anything you can do without too much consumer interacteration, as my hearings gone a bit pear shaped i have trouble undertstanding people!

Yeah, full time and we're an equal opportunities employer, so you'd almost certainly be given a shot. There'd be something for you im sure, although 90% of the jobs there are working with customers!

If you are willing to travel, I know theres freelance work as web design going here at mine :D

Need to know html, flash etc etc etc

i know flash pretty well, html not as good as flash but know some basics and i pick things up

bit of a misson to travel up ev day tho :P

cheers anyway hun!

Hi Charlie,

The design industry is very difficult to get into, especially where work experience placements are concerned. I don't envy you having to look around the Brighton area either. Although I would love to work there, it's a hive (or should that be hove?) of design talent, thus jobs / placements are very scarce.

You need to stand out from the various applicants and CVs that these agencies see every day. Many will only accept a direct approach, which is why your emails are being ignored. If you're looking to get into interactive media, at the very least you'll need a good (doesn't have to be big, just a couple of pages) website as an interactive portfolio of your very best Uni work.

Sell yourself and your talents. Offer unique creative solutions and show projects form concept to production. Try and think of yourself as a brand that you have to sell - agencies will love it.

Good luck!

Caz :thumbsup:

P.S. - Always obtain the Studio / Production Manager's name and send or CC work to him/her. They'll be the ones who'll appreciate it the most.

cheers caz :thumbsup: yea ive been working on a lil somthing, should really get off my **** and finnish it i guess, and yea totally agree about standing out

cheers all

have a clicky on:

www.prospects.ac.uk

www.doctorjob.com

www.thebigchoice.com

these websites are designed for people in higher education or further education (dunno which way round it is) to get them with jobs.

good luck!

Call them!

EXCELLENT ADVICE. :thumbsup:

That is all you need, man.

Call them. If you can't get the person in charge at a place where you really want to work, then show up in person, well-dressed. Don't allow yourself to be ignored.

Full time?

Yeah, full time and we're an equal opportunities employer, so you'd almost certainly be given a shot. There'd be something for you im sure, although 90% of the jobs there are working with customers!

Get us an appliaction form fella? :D

looks like theres no way around but to call them had a fair few replies today but they all said no, accept one who sounds interested but hasnt given me a definet reply yet

ill check those sites out cheers nrgizerbunny :thumbsup:

Will do.... Im working tonight, so i'll grab you one... PM your address and i'll get it in the post tommorrow.

Will do.... Im working tonight, so i'll grab you one... PM your address and i'll get it in the post tommorrow.

naaah mate we'll meet up! im only half an hour away!

i need my grass cutting once a week, you'll need your own lawnmower though :D

Call them??? nooooo.. go in and see them in person. At least thats what i would do. :thumbsup:

If you ever want to do some stuff for the club then we will be happy to give you a good write up... not much but the experience can be gained right from your very own PC.

We can give references on your work.

But Unfortunalty unpaid.

Cheers for the offer steve, will bare it in mind, but not sure if freelancing counts towards work experience, altho this is a field a lot go into after uni, uni tends to push us towards interactive media based companys

cheers anyways dude, and if im allowed i shall get back to you :thumbsup:

I am sure it would be interesting to do a web site for the shops near your accommodation in Bournemouth mate! :P (big grin!).

Biff :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links