Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Power Surges?!

MR DAN

Afternoon all,

Since i've had my car (2 Months) its driven nicely however on sunday i noticed something strange. :eek: I had just driven from near henley back to chorleywood (approx 30 miles) and i noticed that having come off the Motorway and driving on 'town' roads that my power was sort of surging :unsure: . For example if I put my foot down in second gear it would hold at around 2000rpm for a second or two and then shoot upto 4000rpm. Do you think the engine is becoming coked up? Is this a sign of other things or could it be down to a dodgy tank of petrol??? (I always run it on Shell optimax)

Also what does twin-cam mean? ( other than having two cams - whats the benefit?)

Sorry for droning on - i must like the sound of my own fingers hitting a keyboard!! :P

mine does that at times too.

iv been told though, that it could be due to fuel, and something else.. but cant remember.... :/

anyone help, as id be keen to know too.

probably your dizzy cap - im just about to go outside and change mine :thumbsup:

Twin Cam just means you have two cams ! (8 valves on each)

the advantage of more valves (and so more cams) is that more air / fuel can get into the cylinders per stroke.

i would change your plugs / dizzy and poss leads if your are having problems like you explain.

Thanks - i'll give it a go. Where would you guys suggest getting these items from?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links