Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fed Up Of The Election?

Fidgits

Sometimes I dispare that potential voters really do not have a clue at all!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robie

• Fidgits

• Bibbs

• Karma Supra

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes I dispare that potential voters really do not have a clue at all!

What a well reasoned argument there :thumbsup:

I'm not even on the Electoral Register ;)

Robie - the recession is coming anyway - and its gonna be a biggie because Labour have been fluffing the figures long enough to make it to the election...

It doesnt matter who gets in, it will hit...

Of course a recession will hit eventually.... But I trust Gordon Brown more than any member of the Tory party, particular Howard.

How the hell is that a good thing???

Penlalise anyone earning a decent wage? Is your aim to smash the will to do well and be ambitious out of all and sundry? Penalise those that work hard so we can support more space wasters on benefits?

How is that meant to makea the country better? where is the "carrot" to encourage prosperity and sucess????

There was once a 90% tax on earnings over 100k, yes the drained the country of brainpower but 50% will not have such an effect. No-one needs over £100,000 and those who say they do are greedy imo :S

People who earn this amount of money will not decide to become a binman merely because they get taxed 50p of every pound above this amount. The fact they have 100k indicates to me that they wouldnt notice any loss anyway! I think that would be enough of a carrot! Are you going to turn down a wage of 150k gross - 120k net for a 99k gross - 90k net really? (no i couldn't be bothered to figure it out exactly)

This imo is a better way of sharing wealth to improve the country as a whole rather than increasing the disparity in income and wealth we see regionally. Some do not have the privelege of rich parents in areas of high employment and deserve as good a start in life as those who do.

Erm, well if the 50% comes in, people will just move to countries that have less taxes. Like when the current government introduced PAYE to contractors. The majority went to the US.

I know if the 50% comes in, I'm DEFO off. 40% is too much to take.

Robie - the recession is coming anyway - and its gonna be a biggie because Labour have been fluffing the figures long enough to make it to the election...

It doesnt matter who gets in, it will hit...

Of course a recession will hit eventually.... But I trust Gordon Brown more than any member of the Tory party, particular Howard.

TRUST and LABOUR are two words I never expected to see - unless preceeded by DONT!

How can you trust a goverment that PROMISED not to raise tax - only to double National Insurance less than a year after making that promise?

So vote then :o

As I said, I can't. I'm not on the Electorol Role.

TRUST and LABOUR are two words I never expected to see - unless preceeded by DONT!

How can you trust a goverment that PROMISED not to raise tax - only to double National Insurance less than a year after making that promise?

I trust GB on the economy as since Labour have come in GDP has remained positive and stable within targets wheras the Tory's promise everything whilst cutting taxes... I would rather pay a tiny amount more in taxes and be secure in a job than be in recession because the government were scared of keeping the economy afloat by adding a 1 % tax.

imo... :rolleyes:

Neither was I a year and 8 months ago... do something about it if you care so much about the country :!Removed!:

Neither was I a year and 8 months ago... do something about it if you care so much about the country :!Removed!:

That's where you got me .. I don't give a :censor:

I only give a mokies about ME .. I don't care about the NHS, schools, homes to "core" workers ..

I want more money in my pocket .. my tax on petrol to go on the roads and that's it.

I've lived in over a dozen houses in the last 10 years .. and I'm glad that the Government doesn't know where I am.

Even what you want is decided by the government and could do with your say... ;)

Each to their own just I don't see how someone can complain about the state of the roads, speed cameras etc when they can't afford 5 minutes of their time to put an X in a box...

Even what you want is decided by the government and could do with your say... ;)

Each to their own just I don't see how someone can complain about the state of the roads, speed cameras etc when they can't afford 5 minutes of their time to put an X in a box...

Cause I don't *really* care .. Cause I'll not be here for too long ..

I'm gonna vote - got a day off work on Thursday and have no excuse not too :D

Not sure who to go for tho, yet - haven't been listening to all the Political stuff :!Removed!:

EASY tigers, personally i think all the parties are more or less the same but M Howard has lost my vote due to the way he has "fought" the campaign so far. as far as immigration goes i think the lid dems are almost on the right track (dont start please) and i think that the conservatives are just pandering to the uneducated and uninformed masses that beleive that immigrants harm the economy and steal their jobs (i my opinion this is toss) also the lib dems policys on drugs are very forward thinking and progressive focusing on rehab rather than punishment. and as far as people paying more tax and being worse off under the lib dems at least there upfront about it, the others just seem to say to me that the countrys gonna be such a better place and it wont cost you anything, B****cks to that i would much rather hear "yea youl be a bit worse off but everything will be better for it" i will be voting lib dem

but i dont want them to win i just want my vote to send a message (scare) out to the others that maybe we are ready to be a progressive and modern society and that were not so afraid of change after all (well im not)

this is my opinion and i have no intention of forcing it on anyone, we should all be gratefull we can have whatever onpinion we want no matter how mental we are because some people in this world have no voice at all:yes:

I think most parties are pretty much the same, unfortunately moved so much in the last 12 months am not on the electoral role...

Personally would like to see a party which would stop the number of immigrants coming into the UK, nice and biased opinion is they have plenty of places to run to, it's just that we make it so !Removed! easy for them and give them too much in terms of support once here, why do you think so many immigrants choose the uk.

NHS, thats just a joke full stop.

Spped Camera's/Road Saftey - nuff said, police could do with some help....

It's all just one big mess...

And I have stated a number of times why I support Lib Dems including the 50% tax on earnings over 100,000 and local income tax replacing council tax

How the hell is that a good thing???

Penlalise anyone earning a decent wage? Is your aim to smash the will to do well and be ambitious out of all and sundry? Penalise those that work hard so we can support more space wasters on benefits?

How is that meant to makea the country better? where is the "carrot" to encourage prosperity and sucess????

Spoken like a true rich kid. Your parents taught you well. :thumbsup:

Here in the U.S. we like to give the wealthy a tax break as well and all it does it make them wealthier while the middle class shrinks every year and working class families have to have both parents work and the kids in day care all day just to pay the bills.

The carrot to encourage prosperity and success is not stepping on the heads of the middle class and poor to give the rich another undeserved break. If you have a big stoneclad home with a round driveway and acres of forest around it then you owe society a bit. It's called social responsibility.

thinking about this a little deeper, i say vote for Labour or lib dems...

Because the way labour have been cooking the books for the last 12 months (keeping the interest rates low - making the economy strong (their 1 election point)) and pretty much, in the next 12 months its all going to fall apart...

and whoever is in, will get the blame... so hey, why not let labour reap what they sow...

Oh and scionic, I agree with Charlie, and I certainley was not a rich kid - but i do work a 65 hour week - why should i pay more and more tax, just so a lazy so-and-so can live without a job?

Oh and scionic, I agree with Charlie, and I certainley was not a rich kid - but i do work a 65 hour week - why should i pay more and more tax, just so a lazy so-and-so can live without a job?

Do you make over 100,000 a year? If not, what part of 100,000 a year didn't you get?

If you do make over 100,000 a year, then f*** you, you can pay more tax.

no, i dont make over 100K a year.

But Robie is wrong, if you read the Lib Dems policy, it will effect any family with a income of over £30K - FAMILY, and since both me and the missues work, we fall into that bracket...

and again i ask, why should we pay more tax so some !Removed! can stay home and not work?

and if i did earn over £100k, whats wrong with that? I'm almost certain I would have to work for it - so why should people who have worked hard to earn that sort of income be penalised, while someone who cant even be bothered to get off the sofa can get a comfortable life because of my hard work?

I agree with Fidge n Charlie.... people earning more shouldnt be penalised.... they dont take into consideration how hard they work or how long they work.. at the end of the day its just a figure.

I do however believe that there is a difference between the 'lazy so-and-sos ' and someone who wants a job but is having difficulty getting one.

We arent saying that the innocent Average Joe Bloggs who has been made redundant, or is inbetween jobs or has had problems is in the wrong and is a 'lazy good for nothing'. No... but we see so many young adults around here that do exploit the system that it is difficult to understand why someone would want to help -them-, especially by taking it away from those who do work hard for their living.

100k a year is a lot of money, I wish I earnt that much! :P

But if I ever got there it would be because I worked my **** off, why should I be 'punished' for that?....

Its indeed like Charlie says... it would be like a punishment for those who wish to do well, and would encourage more people not to strive for something better, as the mentality of 'well they are going to steal half my pay anyways, why should I bother' begins to arise.

For those who can't be ubikd to take 5 minutes out of their day to vote, I say that you have no right to complain about anything. And the excuses "it won't make any diffrence" or "I don't trust any of them" just don't wash.

People have fought long and hard for the right to vote. People have given their lives just so you have the right to spend just 5 minutes of your day putting a cross on a balot paper.

I will be driving 200 miles home tonight after work to make sure I can cast my vote. I live in a labour stronghold, so I could vote whoever I like it won't make a difference as labour will always get in, but I'm not going to insult every person who gave their lives to give me the right to vote by just sitting back and saying it's not important.

Just do one thing, exercise your right to vote! if you vote something idiotic or state none of the above on your slip then at least the message will be clear... that people have lost faith in politics and that its time for a real change.

BTW, I will be voting Labour. I remember 20 years of Tory rule and IMO things under labour are far better than they ever were under the Tories. Fair enough things aren't perfect, but show me a government that has ever got everything 100% right.

Do you make over 100,000 a year? If not, what part of 100,000 a year didn't you get?

But Robie is wrong, if you read the Lib Dems policy, it will effect any family with a income of over £30K - FAMILY, and since both me and the missues work, we fall into that bracket...

and again i ask, why should we pay more tax so some !Removed! can stay home and not work?

and if i did earn over £100k, whats wrong with that? I'm almost certain I would have to work for it - so why should people who have worked hard to earn that sort of income be penalised, while someone who cant even be bothered to get off the sofa can get a comfortable life because of my hard work?

Excuse me but you are wrong. The 100k 50% tax will affect only those over 100k.

You are getting mixed up with the Lib Dems introducing local income tax to replace council tax wherby those who earn over 30k (which interestingly is above the average wage for the SE of england) will pay a little bit

more tax yes... My parents have no problem paying this amount of tax... we can afford it so it's no bother...

Excuse me but you are wrong. The 100k 50% tax will affect only those over 100k.

You are getting mixed up with the Lib Dems introducing local income tax to replace council tax wherby those who earn over 30k (which interestingly is above the average wage for the SE of england) will pay a little bit

more tax yes... My parents have no problem paying this amount of tax... we can afford it so it's no bother...

NO I'M NOT.

Tax is Tax - and if you have income based council tax - thats another income tax (since its based on your income)

SO - from that - income tax will raise for most familes average and above...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links