Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lost And Found Key

pete52

Yesterday i used my wife's new yaris .When I came home I managed to lose the key and I have spent the last 24 hours trying to find it.I finally gave in and rang Toyota.They said it would cost £155.This was a nasty shock and so I decided to think about it for a few hours and continued searching.I found it in a drawer ,2 drawers below where I normally keep all the keys.Of course I'm delighted but now I'm terrified of losing one of them again.So now I'm thinking

Can you insure keys for a tiny premium?

Can you get replacements cheaper anywhere?

Are there any kind of electronic devices you can buy that would find a key if it was lost in or near the house so that you wouldn't replace the key at great expense only to find it at home?(Years ago I had a whistle dependent key ring but It drove us all insane because it went off all the time)I think I've seen some device in the

States but not in the UK.

Does anyone have any bright ideas?

I had car key insurance from sony (oddly enough).

Well I got three keys with my Yaris. I only ever use one of them for the car. The others are kept in separate, safe places in the house... just in case. I do take one as a spare when spending time away from home though. It stays in my suitcase as I'd feel a bit daft if I lost my key and couldn't drive home! :fear:

Not much use to you, all that, I suppose. Perhaps discipline yourself to always put it in that key drawer of yours and save up for a spare?

theres something called keycare, you have to have the fob on the keys though, you get it free with supaguard (for one year)

theres something called keycare, you have to have the fob on the keys though, you get it free with supaguard (for one year)

You've just reminded me. I've got that and I haven't registered mine yet! Doh!

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Try Endsleigh - when I had a policy with them they sent me a leaflet to say about insuring the keys under a separate cover - their website is something like www.endsleigh.co.uk.

Cant remember prices tho

I had my keys insured a few years back - it was a free 12 month policy when I took something else out - cancelled it after the 12 months.

I cant remember who it was by but they give you a key fob to stick on your keyring and if you lose the bunch of keys you can call them and they will change any locks for you etc etc and arrange new keys.

I never had to call them out though - I'm religious about where things like keys go. Main set is always in ny handbag and the spares are in a secret hiding place in the house!

But if I told you where they were I'd have to shoot you..... well all of you really! :lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links