Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toc General Election

gordypix

Which One?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which One?

• LABOUR
    • CONSERVATIVE
    • LIBERAL DEMOCRATS
    • GREEN
    • UK INDEPENDANCE PARTY
    • PLAID CYMRU (WALES)
    • SNP (SCOTLAND)
    • SSP (SCOTLAND)
    • ALLIANCE PARTY (IRELAND)
    • DUP (IRELAND)
    • SINN FEIN (IRELAND)
    • SDLP (IRELAND)
    • UUP (IRELAND)
    • NONE - I'm in another Country.............
    • I can vote BUT I WON'T.................:ph34r:

so, labour took it with 36%, conservatives behind with 33%..

Smallest majority ever apparantly...

Lib dems did okay..

And now the election is over, I can point out to all those that 'vote Labour because of the old Tory rule' that its a known fact that New Labour = Thatchers old Tory party...

There is a certain irony in that!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fidgits

• Karma Supra

• Robie

• scionic

and incase you were interested in the spread..

map.jpg

What do the colours represent?

Sorry if it's a given to everyone else, I'm just curious. Seems almost as sharply divided by geography as our country was in the past election.

so, labour took it with 36%, conservatives behind with 33%..

Smallest majority ever apparantly...

Lib dems did okay..

And now the election is over, I can point out to all those that 'vote Labour because of the old Tory rule' that its a known fact that New Labour = Thatchers old Tory party...

There is a certain irony in that!

We've had the same situation here with the last two elections. Well Bush's first election was the slimmest margin in American history. So much so that many of us still doubt if he really won or not. It was a conservative supreme court that put him into office.

Well. At least Tony Blair can speak in complete sentences and manage not to go to bed at 9 pm when the world is on fire all around him. :rolleyes:

can vote but wont! not the fact i dont wana, just not really fussed!!

this is labour and blairs 3rd year in charge, does this mean he cant be up for vote next time!?

can vote but wont! not the fact i dont wana, just not really fussed!!

this is labour and blairs 3rd year in charge, does this mean he cant be up for vote next time!?

:rolleyes:

you dont have a clue do you....

firstly, it isnt his 3rd year, its his 3rd term, a term lasts 4 years...

and there is no reason he couldnt stand next time, but he wont be, he promised to stand down... that said, he has lied at every other election...

map.jpg

Further proof, it proof was needed, that scotland/whales should get their own government, and stop interfeering with ours!

Notice most of the areas that I would call :censor: holes voted labour!

This country gets what it deserves. If I could feasibly emigrate, I would.

Lets hope the inevitable recesion will clear the palte, and let us all realise how much "tony" has crippled our country.

A new banner from the nice people of grumpyc*nt....

labour.gif

map.jpg

Further proof, it proof was needed, that scotland/whales should get their own government, and stop interfeering with ours!

Lets hope the inevitable recesion will clear the palte, and let us all realise how much "tony" has crippled our country.

Not really... You'll notice that much of Scotland is a sort of orangey colour denoting Lib Dem rather than the bright Yellow SNP.

The fact that so few places voted for teir "national" parties tells me that we want to remain part of the UK...

Ah well....

A

map.jpg

Not really... You'll notice that much of Scotland is a sort of orangey colour denoting Lib Dem rather than the bright Yellow SNP.

The fact that so few places voted for teir "national" parties tells me that we want to remain part of the UK...

Ah well....

A

Good point :thumbsup:

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the scots/welsh, I just think there is an inbalance that they can choose what goes on in England, yet looking at the map England is prodominantly blue. then little things like the student fees, etc agrivate the situation.

If anything it was more votes in total that were NOT labour :lol::thumbsup:

I just wish you would have the courtesy to spell WALES right!

We are not all big fat dopey mammals (please don't comment :lol: )

My bad....

Frantic typing causes mistakes :P

I usually get it right ;)

Ok forgiven stop being frantic it's bad for you.

Howard is going to stand down now. Whats the point of announcing that, he could of at least given the Conservatives a bit of continuity. Then again maybe it is better they get someone fresh in to take it to Mr Blair/Brown.

Ok forgiven stop being frantic it's bad for you.

Howard is going to stand down now. Whats the point of announcing that, he could of at least given the Conservatives a bit of continuity. Then again maybe it is better they get someone fresh in to take it to Mr Blair/Brown.

Actually... it was quite a good idea...

Firstly, we knew he was never going to run again, he's going to be 67 at the next election.

Secondly, it has diverted attention back to the conservatives, even though Labour won.

Dont forget, Tony will be under pressure to hand over to Brown after a poor [by comparison] result, and Howard hasnt said WHEN he will step down..

Considering Tony BLair apparently lied to the British public about the war in Iraq I would say that is a very good result for the Labour party.

Be interesting to see who the Torys dust off this time for Tory leader.

Considering Tony BLair apparently lied to the British public about the war in Iraq I would say that is a very good result for the Labour party.

Be interesting to see who the Torys dust off this time for Tory leader.

well... not even that.

At the last election, he promised not to increase tax - and less than 12 months later, National Insurance doubled

My point is that taking a country to war on a lie is a dispicable action and if the country beleived the bull :censor: Howard was spouting, Tony Blair wouldn't have even got any where near government...

that as well...

my point was, Blair has lied for the last 8 years...

and its over now, no point getting hot under the collar... 4 more years..

(now wheres my passport?)

that as well...

my point was, Blair has lied for the last 8 years...

and its over now, no point getting hot under the collar... 4 more years..

(now wheres my passport?)

Can i carry your bags?........... Canada looks nice. :D

I'll be driver :lol:

I don;t want to have to endure Bliar for another stint :crybaby:

Yeh... sorry about that little "war" thing, guys.

That would be our fault actually.

Too bad Tony didn't just tell Bush and his CIA goons to p*ss off.

I think Tony will have learnt from his mistakes - I'm glad hes back tbh!

And yes I voted Labour! Hard choice between Labour and Lib Dems - anything to keep Tory out of power - I really do not like the Tory ideals.

Still, every party has flaws, but I think they will learn and the country will keep on going forward! :thumbsup:

I didnt realise Michael Howard was 63 - he actually looks quite young for his age! But thats the only good thing I'll say about him! :lol:

What is ther enot to like about trying to reduce tax???

Simple fact of the matter is that every party has it's flaws, there was no decent party to vote for this time.... Labour have lied, Tories will lie and Lib Dem's just haven't got a chance.

Looking at the map, it's clear where Labour get's it's voters.... the major towns and cities: Leeds/Bradford, Newcastle/Gateshead, Liverpool/Wirral, Cardiff, Most of London.... these are the places where there are much larger communities of working class people and immigrant communities.... it is these people who have benefitted over the last 8 years all at the expense of every tax payer.

Only problem is, that unless you are a higher-rate tax payer (70% of tory voters are) then you aren't going to benefit from a tory govenment.... and the working class areas will not be best happy and that results in huge instability in the economy with the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer and that just isn't acceptable. Granted, if i was paying high rate tax i'd hate to see 40% of my hard-earned going to some low-life scum, but that's the country... and the world really, there's no way around it...

The only perceivable solution is MUCH tougher crime laws... proper punishments for anti-social behaviour... like hard labour for whatever period, and if somebody is a criminal, then benefits payable to them should be greatly reduced until. I have no problem with honest immigrants, without them a lot of business's that we rely on wouldn't be able to survive.

The main problem is that there in our society today there is a complete, total lack of respect from the working class community especially youth's. In my girlfriends area (nice area) there are scally's who iv seen walking through calling everyone rich f**king c**ts.... yet without these c**ts, these scally's would be on the street.... it's a disgrace.

This is why no party has what it takes to run the country properly... unless a party clamps down a LOT on crime and anti-social behaviour then the country is going to continue is spiraling decline.

P.S. Can I emigrate with you too?? Althouh may i suggest Australia... it's warmer over there!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links