Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Tsport -v- Saxo Vtr/vts

Yarisboy

I spent alot of last night in a friends saxo vtr and I have to say that I was impressed, granted that he redlines every gear but nevertheless it is a quick car, i've never been in a VTS but I can only imagine that they are very quick indeed, I once saw a VTS with a turbo on and that was funny but the guy crashed it in the same night. :o

Has anyone in their Yaris Tsport's beat off VTR's (which should be easy as they have less bhp) or more importantly a VTS ?

I've never been in a yaris t sport so I can't compare :crybaby:

help me out please :group-cuddles:

Sam :hokus-pokus:

hello Yarisboy,

I'm still an owner of a yaris t-sport (soon a CTS :P ) I once had an "encounter" with an VTS and i ensure you that he was a lot

quicker than me :angry: but the VTR's are a different story. The are a much slower than the t-sport's. The driver of the VTR could only see the back of my t-sport :P

The VTS does less than 8 seconds from 0 -100 km/h and mid 15 seconds to finish 400 meters so . . . i guess that even for a CTS it would be difficult to shake off an SAXO VTS

They may be quick but the inside of a Saxo is a very nasty place to be.

I had one (standard) for 2.5 years and it always broke down - probably didn't help hitting (and killing) a deer on the A5 between Milton keynes and Luton. I couldn't wait to get rid of it.

I briefly considered a VTS and took it for a test drive - It was very quick but the interior and switch gear are from the 80's. Granma's sofa fabrics, sliding vent controls and although it's the top of the range, there are still a lot of blank switches on the centre console. The sunroof leaks and there's no air-con option either.

Also, france doesn't give a **** about right hand drive so you have to drive with your feed offset to the left in the most cramped footwell I ever knew.

Forget about competing with the Saxo as Toyota are in another league.

Hi

I used to have a VTS before my 2 t sport's

The !Removed! thing was always at the dealer for something (do a yahoo for saxo problems)

But as for performance and acceleration the VTS is way faster

I drive the same road to work every day and I could one take one roundabout at 40+ish with understeer I tried it in my t sport and have to slow to 25+ish all the body roll.

My yaris is not lowered so I don’t know what the yaris is like I suppose it make it 35+ish

But it will beat a VTR if you drive it right and don’t get brake fade like I did at 80.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links