Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gearbox Joy!

Jimlad

think I've managed to get a hold of a gearbox for £150 + £50 pallet delivery.

Not bad... can't wait to get the bugger back on the road again!!

one job at a time, just get it back on the road is more important, all that lovely sun that your missing out on without your t bar

Nice one!  :D

Have you got the body work done?

I have a set of wings to replace my damaged ones, also should be getting my bumper repaired this month.

Good stuff Jim, we need another meet soon!!! :D :thumbsup:

Is it still in its hiding place?

yip, until until the weekend. Then all road legal etc.

Got a letter etc from the council stating that it was an apparantly abondoned vehicle.... WTF!!

I phoned them up and gave them a row!!

btw... my car is being kept on private land with the permision from the owner. Police saw the car and reported it to the council saying is was abondoned and it would be destroyed in 7 days!!!!! Good job I phoned the friggers and cleared it all up. They still had the nerve to slap a great ruddy sticky thing on my passenger window tho... bummers!

You forgot to mention that some dirty rat keyed it again too....

You forgot to mention that some dirty rat keyed it again too....

You've got to be joking :censor: :censor: :censor:

:ffs: Is nothing sacred. Lowlifes. :censor: :censor:

Yep, someone has run a key up the passenger side from the door to the end of the quarter panel.

I'll be able to flatten and polish most of it out for him but there are a couple of deep parts.

Unbelievable. I feel for you mate.

oh yeah.. some muppet keyed it again!!! Prob whoever stuck the sticker thing on my car.

Not too fussed tho, because when I get my bumper painted if Rico's repair job isn't good ( no offence mate ), I'll get the rear quarter painted.

no.. russ is... rico is sorting out the scratches!!

Will be picking the car up hopefully tomorrow or sat at the very latest... the sooner the better in my opinion.

Will just need to get it back to my house without getting stopped for the baldy rear tyres.

I'll have tyres a week tomorrow.

Just saying I'll need to get the car from where it is now with the baldy tyres on. So if I got stopped it would be 6 points!!! Gonna take all the back roads tho!

*in gala in 2 weeks? cool... take my bumper down to russ for me... lol.*

6 pints and massive fines!

*I mean 6 points*

I'm gonna hire an Astra for 4 days, if I get a Zaffira for 4 days and you pay the difference I'll take your bumper down for you.

let me know asap dude... if that's what it is, I'll happily pay the difference so you can get the bumper down for me...

chears!

Also, got the car back to Gala. To avoid getting busted for dodgey rear tyres we put on two space savers on the rear. OMG!!... how unsafe did the car feel with 115/70/15's on the back!!

didn't go above 40. In a straight line even if I tapped the steering wheel, it felt like the whole car was wobbling about.

didn't go above 40. In a straight line even if I tapped the steering wheel, it felt like the whole car was wobbling about.

It was wobbling about, I could see it going all over the shop when i was behind you :D

well am getting new tyres fitted friday morning... so all that leaves is the gbox and bumper.

At least I'll be able to drive about once I get the tyres on. Fair doos the gearbox is noisey tho... but I'll be in the car all day.. Brrrm.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links