Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Manchestaa...

TheNissanMan

Hiya peeps,

Just applied for a 20 week secondment in Manchester through work. Will be paid hotel during the week and prolly back down folks for the weekends but was wondering how many members live in the Manchester area ???

Always here of all these Northern ish meets and was wondering how far away from Manchester they would be :D

Next thing is to get the company to let me use my car and pay petrol rather than use a company car lol...

If you are in or around Manchester how about popping along to see some of TOC : NW ;)

As far as Northern meets are concerned... the usual one every 3rd sunday of the month, is held over the pennines and we meet at FerryBridge services just off junc 34 of M62.... however there are other meets around the Bolton area which tend to be through the Celica club (tho others turn up)

:P It would be good to meet ya Ryan ;) :thumbsup:

hi, me and 2 other members live 15 min from the centre of manchester, would be great to see u at some of the meets

im only about 25 miles away, although i am descriminated against for living 4 miles on the wrong side of the pennines :( hence NOT ALLOWED in the NW crew :( even though i can get north west auto traders at my news agent :'(

Would be defo up for meets as know noone that well up in the area...

So far plan is to stop renting in Cardiff for the 5 month period and either commute back to my folks place in Hampshire every weekend (long old slog I know), or find a mega cheap B&B for Fri & Sat nights dependnig on how cheap a place I can find....

As for meets I can finally start participating agani so will be up for as many as I can fit in :D :D :D

Now just waiting to here if I've defo got the secondment, should find out in the enxt week or two...

Im only 25 mins away from Manny. :thumbsup:

Ryan hun, how long does it take you to get to Hampshire ? :wacko:

Yeah, what Matt said !

Plenty of people from the Manc area head over to the northern Meets. You're more than welcome to join us if you're in the area !

Im only 25 mins away from Manny. :thumbsup:

Ryan hun, how long does it take you to get to Hampshire ? :wacko:

According to Google Maps about 4 hours, thats not taking into consideration Firday night traffic so more likely 6 lol...

Great way to spend your w/e, Once up there I may look at hiring a B&B for w/e's or find a cheap room outside manc to hire while I'm up that way...

Should now find out by the end of the week wether I've been accepted for the secondment, can't wait :D

hi, me and 2 other members live 15 min from the centre of manchester, would be great to see u at some of the meets

I'm one of the said members! :lol:

Live about 1 min away from Chris's :thumbsup:

fingerrs crossed I get the job now...

good to know some members up that way as I'm sure we can arrange some evenings out on the pop :D :D :D

• 2 months later...

Woo Hoo....

OK so as of Monday I'll be living in the Copthorne Hotel down in Salford Quays for 6 months....

Can anyone here suggest god local pubs within walking distance, places to go (driveable) etc etc etc as it's the first time to Manchester :D :D

Oh, who's local :D :D :D

Have just had the company authrise me to use my car so after next week I'll have my car with me as well which is always nice :D

So guess this is a what do I need to know about the local area :D

Oh yeah, won't be in manchester on weekends unless i'm working so may have fun getting to weekend meets unless some kind person has a spare couch for friday and sat nights lol :D

Bless ya - living in a hotel for 6 months! :eek:

Am not local, but I know a few of the Yaris folk are! :group-cuddles:

Bless ya - living in a hotel for 6 months!  :eek:

Am not local, but I know a few of the Yaris folk are! :group-cuddles:

It'll have it's upsides... Someone to clean for ya, clean towels on a daily basis, not having to pay for toiletries for 6 months and of course £25 a day food and booze allowance (can see this turning into booze allowance pretty quickly)...

Plus of course 40p per mile on company allowance, 195 miles each way, so 390 miles work out roughly £155 each weekend for petrol, somehow I can't see the 5 eating that much for the journey so quids in :D

I'm one of the said members!  :lol:

Live about 1 min away from Chris's  :thumbsup:

:D :P :D I'll brnig some Sambuca...

im about 25 mile away. get on the A6 head east, just keep going untill you daren't go any further wind youw window down abit (NOT ALL THE WAY!) shout me and i'll find you!

im about 25 mile away. get on the A6 head east, just keep going untill you daren't go any further wind youw window down abit (NOT ALL THE WAY!) shout me and i'll find you!

Good man, will give you a shout when I'm up that way :D :D

Ello Ryan..

So your coming oop north.. :thumbsup:

I'll be at the usual northern meets.. so i'll defo catch you then.. good to hook up once more. :yes::thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links