Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Keeping Up With The Joneses

Demonic Angel

I've noticed a weird phenomenon down our road.....

Everyone is buying the same car!

Unfortunately I havent yet managed to hypnotise the whole of the village to buying a Toyota - can't even get my other half to buy one!

No - the popular car down our road is......... the Fiat Punto!

Next door has one, next door but one the other way has one and across the road has one..... Across the road bought theres first, then next door bought their 04 plate last year and next door but one the other way have got a new 05 reg.

I'm disgusted my habitual dwelling has such terrible taste in cars!

Does this happen elsewhere in the country too - neighbours buying the same cars.....?? Talk about keeping up with the Joneses, they keep up with the Browns and the Smiths on my road!

Em..... from Fiat Punto Road, Leicestershire! :lol::lol:

A lot of people round my area have taste ;)

New Corolla's, Camry, MR2's, and a Soarer :D

I feel sorry for you!lol

A couple of yarii have appeared on darrens but nothing to make me think just yet! :)

Where my gran lives they all started buying picasso's :wacko: there are are 5 of them! Why???? :o

Everyone has different cars down my road but one house has 2 pug 406's if that counts.

yep, same thing has happened around here, only its either BMW's or MPV's (espaces and the like)

*thinks..

Next door have a truck and a Ford estate thingy...

Next door to them have a 'night cat' ... aka ford cougar and a RAV

Next door other way have... um.... a.... um... not a clue....

There is a Yaris over the other side of the close... n a ford Ka with flower decals stuck to it :ph34r:

*shrugs... nah all ours are different

The Yaris seems to be very popular choice down my road, as is the Ford KA(CK) :lol:

The Yaris seems to be very popular choice down my road, as is the Ford KA(CK)  :lol:

I've only seen one Yaris + Mine round yours. :wacko:

Where I live, it's pretty much old bangers of all shapes and sizes - mine's the newest car!

I seem to live in Ford Galaxy land and 3 Smart things an old classic Mk1 Capri and a few Audis (< that doesn't look right)

i have a big street!!

vectras and corsas are normal, but i have two scoobys and a supra...

there is another that visits alot

no trend in my street but i think i have the only jap car in my street (well unless my dads hiace van counts)

To my left I have a church, to my right have a builders yard and over the road there is a carpet warehouse which seems to be dealing other things! There are then three terraced houses where there seems to be a rotation of cars in a circle... Corsa, Puma, Van, Corse, Puma, Van, Corsa, Puma, Van.... never all three and they seem to be there one week, gone the next!

To my left I have a church, to my right have a builders yard and over the road there is a carpet warehouse which seems to be dealing other things! There are then three terraced houses where there seems to be a rotation of cars in a circle... Corsa, Puma, Van, Corse, Puma, Van, Corsa, Puma, Van.... never all three and they seem to be there one week, gone the next!

Dogdy :D

lee - you live in merc/bmw/VAGville

Let's see.... (looks out of window).

Merc, Mondeo, Ka, Rover, Corolla, Meriva, Micra, Corsa, another Corsa, Alfa, Golf and... a bright custard yellow Punto. :rolleyes:

Oh and a rather nice Yaris! :P

Anyway Em, I'm a 'Jones' and you've got a 1.3 Yaris so you're already keeping up with the Joneses! :lol:

:blink: Weird round our way. (not my street but area) everyone seems to be buying the new honda type Rs...are they cheap at the mo or something they are like poo everywhere. Oh and some bloke has bought a celica in my colour...he has been driving it for a week solid so reports go.. :wacko: only prob is he keeps dipping the clutch and revving it past pubs and people etc....have had loads of calls asking if it was me :censor: ..dagnabbit :ffs: . Luckily a few noticed his is a h reg (mines got privates on..no sarcasm plz lol) and mine has window tints...hope people soon realise the numpty isnt me :lol:

Let's see.... (looks out of window).

Merc, Mondeo, Ka, Rover, Corolla, Meriva, Micra, Corsa, another Corsa, Alfa, Golf and... a bright custard yellow Punto.  :rolleyes:

Oh and a rather nice Yaris!  :P

Anyway Em, I'm a 'Jones' and you've got a 1.3 Yaris so you're already keeping up with the Joneses!  :lol:

But you got your 1.3 Yaris after me so surely I should be the "Jones" :lol::lol:

The 04 reg Punto next door is Custard Yellow - its absolutely RANK! :shutit:

matt theres no VAG's in my street as far as i kno, 2 mercs (both same house) and like 2 beemers (both on my drive) best is when sisters rav's here an her bf used to have a carina 4 toyota's on the drive

yes happens in our street too, only its astras :ph34r: not puntos!!

There is a Celica GT4 six doors up the road from me. :D And a bloomin Audi 80 ( not Boro Sera) that keeps parking in the exact same spot that KITT has :angry: And yet he lives on the other side of the road that he parks on, grrrrrrrr Go away Mr Audi.

But apart from that its Ford Focus city.

What's the most popular car in England, I wonder?

My guess is Ford Focus, but I have no idea. I can tell you the most popular car in the United States is the Toyota Camry and you see them constantly. The beige Toyota Camry is ubiquitous on American motorways. Can't hide from them!

:wacko: all those Fiats!

Around here we are "Ford Territory" thanks to the Dagenham Factory being a little bit up the road, there are loads of them..and all new aswell, or 04/54..

I'm proud to be different - rarely see a new Toyota round here, there is a beigey (apologies for the poor colour description) Avensis on a 54 plate which I see a lot, but that's it :)

Pretty mixed in my street. BMW, Scenic, Massive Merc thing, MG ZR, Carina, Merc, Punto, Picasso, SAAB 95, Clio, Honda MPV, Renault MPV thing, Alfa 147, Scenic, 406, RAV4, primera and in our house 2 Yaris', a Punto and a Mazda 3! :thumbsup:

Not really a popular car round my area but the most modified has to be, yes you guessed it, the C*rsa! :rolleyes:

We have a pretty mixed street too... But our's also included 2 X Scooby's, 1 X MKII MR2 (N/A), 1 X GT4 (CS), 1 X MKI MR2. There is also a Mazerati the visits the neighbours virtually every weekend.

Just round the corner form us we Have 2 X Soarers on one drive, GTO's, RX7's, Celicas of virtually every type and more MKI, MKII, MKIII MR2's.

Most of the cars in the estate belong to our local forum (Northants Jap) B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links