Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Where Would You Start

em_ar_two

ok some of you might have seen a few posts by me about knocking noises ive got coming from what seems the back, they are louder after the car has been stood and gets quieter but remains there, ive had a new clutch as i needed one anyway and its still there, it seems to get faster with acceleration, ive had it in two garages and been looked at by x mechanic and none of them can hear anything when me and everyone of my mates ive showed it two can clearly hear it, so the garages wont do out coz they say they cant hear it so im gonna have to do it myself, if you was in the same position where would you start, i was thinking maybe it could be rear bearings or i hear abit about ball joints knocking and maybe the cv joints, not sure if its drop links or ball joints thou coz the knocking gets faster with acceleretion, im not sure where to begin changin parts. can anyone shed any light on the situation or give me your opinion of where you would start, many thanks for your help in advance

ok some of you might have seen a few posts by me about knocking noises ive got coming from what seems the back, they are louder after the car has been stood and gets quieter but remains there, ive had a new clutch as i needed one anyway and its still there, it seems to get faster with acceleration, ive had it in two garages and been looked at by x mechanic and none of them can hear anything when me and everyone of my mates ive showed it two can clearly hear it, so the garages wont do out coz they say they cant hear it so im gonna have to do it myself, if you was in the same position where would you start, i was thinking maybe it could be rear bearings or i hear abit about ball joints knocking and maybe the cv joints, not sure if its drop links or ball joints thou coz the knocking gets faster with acceleretion, im not sure where to begin changin parts. can anyone shed any light on the situation or give me your opinion of where you would start, many thanks for your help in advance

Year, I would start with the barings.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links