Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Dad Just Bought An English Car

scionic

My Dad just bought 'imself a new car to replace his aging ES300.

And it's English....sort of.

1030001.jpg

:lol:

Made in England, anyway.

In Swindon, I beleive, where the Civic Type R is made, right?

Anyone know where Swindon is?

My boss has one of them - its soooooo nice!

Didnt know it was made in Swindon though - learn something new everyday on here! :P

Swindon .. Ha ha ha .. I wouldn't trust somone from Swindon to tie their own shoe laces. They must ship the workers in. Or, knowing Honda, the only time which a worker gets near the car is to drive it to the parking lot.

He he he, Swindon .. he he he ..

Apparently Honda chose Swindon deliberately because there was a large pool of skilled labor there.

The Honda plant there is the first one in the world outside of Japan that produced cars considered quality enough to be shipped to JAPAN for sale, btw.

True story, mate. :yes:

The Swindon townsfolk may wear velcro shoes, but they can build good cars it would seem. :lol:

apparently the unemployment rate in swindon is 0.

hmm, that strikes me as coming from the Tony Bliar school of statistics...

I know for a fact that isnt true :rolleyes:

But Swindon itself sits between the beautiful Cotswolds and the Chilterns, not to mention next to the rolling Lambourn downs.

Shame its such a :censor: hole really :lol::lol:

They all have 6 fingers in swinedon that is probably usefull for putting aerials on or something.

i had a meeting once at swindon town football club, then a brewary tour whihc wasd nice but the moxst vivid memeory of the town was a.............................. roundabout think that somes it up really

i had a meeting once at swindon town football club, then a brewary tour whihc wasd nice but the moxst vivid memeory of the town was a.............................. roundabout think that somes it up really

you mean...

magicroundabout.jpg

signpost.jpg

That :censor: ing roundabout..

Looks like demented swastika gone wrong.

Someone one day, must have sat there and thought "I have a great idea fora roundabout"... he them must have put this idea accross to some sort of board, and must have all scratched their chins and said "well, yes, a truely fantasic idea fora roundabout"

Unemployment probably is nil, as most communters get killed on the way to work :lol:

That  :censor:  ing roundabout..

Looks like demented swastika gone wrong.

Someone one day, must have sat there and thought "I have  a great idea fora  roundabout"... he them must have put this idea accross to some sort of board, and must have all scratched their chins and said "well, yes, a truely fantasic idea fora  roundabout"

Unemployment probably is nil, as most communters get killed on the way to work  :lol:

Charlie,

you've got it all wrong... That roundabout was commisoned in the 60's...

It was more like

'duuuuuuude, ive got , like, a really cool idea'

'ya see, its like a roundabout, but with, like, roundabouts around it'

"cooooooool man...... kelidascopic"

Swindon makes Slough look good .. and that's going some ..

The "magic roundabout" aint bad, it works.

And the 0% unemployment, I think that true as all the locals are window lickers and on disability benifit.

And the 0% unemployment, I think that true as all the locals are window lickers and on disability benifit.

I have to disagree...

I mean, Readings bad - Swindons worse - but nothing short of cataracts and Downtown Baghdad can make Slough look good...

I have to disagree...

I mean, Readings bad - Swindons worse - but nothing short of cataracts and Downtown Baghdad can make Slough look good...

At least in Reading we paint the concrete green to make it at least LOOK like grass ..

I recon Swindon is worse though .. everyone looks alike, family tree with no forks .. the shallow end of the gene pool .. you get the idea ..

I have to disagree...

At least in Reading we paint the concrete green to make it at least LOOK like grass ..

I recon Swindon is worse though .. everyone looks alike, family tree with no forks .. the shallow end of the gene pool .. you get the idea ..

Hey, im not arguing with you there - but I'm sorry, Slough is much worse...

I think Slough narrowly takes the pinch, for one reason alone.....

Dispite both places general grottyness... Slough is the only one you that when you are passing on the M4, all you can smell is !Removed! :lol:

I think Slough narrowly takes the pinch, for one reason alone.....

Dispite both places general grottyness... Slough is the only one you that when you are passing on the M4, all you can smell is !Removed!  :lol:

Very true, you have to drive INTO Swindon before you get the smell ..

Okies we have a cd mp3 player, xbox, screens and a lovely little bit in the boot!
Why waste money on a stereo when you can buy things to make it faster??

It all came from our previous car! Were now workin on going faster! :P

Exactly :lol::thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links