Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake Light

Lizzie

I just bought a used Toyota Yaris about a week ago and already one of my brake lights has snuffed it! :angry:

Got a new bulb - just don't seem to be able to fit it! I can easily remove the other bulbs but the brake light doesn't wanna budge....any ideas?

Ta Liz

P.s. no I don't have an owner's manual.

If it's a siezed/jammed bulb you're trying to get out, the best advice is to WEAR GLOVES. I've had bulbs break while applying a good twist to get them out.

Fingers carry a surprising amount of blood !

If it's a siezed/jammed bulb you're trying to get out, the best advice is to WEAR GLOVES. I've had bulbs break while applying a good twist to get them out.

Fingers carry a surprising amount of blood !

Thanks, for the tip. I'll give it another try with me Marigolds! (actually gardening gloves are probably best...)

I just hope I don't make matters worse....

ive had this problem with my car (the bulb had rusted to the bulb holder). in the end, i soaked it in wd40 and left in overnight. then i crushed the glass the some pliers, pulled the "innards" of the bulb out, and twisted the base of it out. a bit brutal, but i came out :D

ive had this problem with my car (the bulb had rusted to the bulb holder). in the end, i soaked it in wd40 and left in overnight. then i crushed the glass the some pliers, pulled the "innards" of the bulb out, and twisted the base of it out. a bit brutal, but i came out  :D

ta 4 the tip! will bear that in mind for the next bulb - god forbid! somehow i managed to get the !Removed! thing out in the end! :wacko:

seems odd that its rusted up too

check the seal around the cluster is ok and seated properly and not letting water in

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links