Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4e-fte Conversion On Paseo

Richie (Paseo)

Does anybody know where I could get this engine swap done around East Anglia somewhere? Ive got £3.5k to spend on the whole lot, but cant go too far away to get it done as it isnt running at the moment, so would have to get it towed.

Thanks in advance

Rich

Pm andrew (toyotasera.co.uk) he can help you he's going to be doing my sera in a few weeks and he's in norfolk :thumbsup:

Tim

I have spoke to Andrew, But he wont do a 4e-fte into a paseo as the wiring will be too difficult. Its a shame though, I really wanna get it done.

Rich

the glanza 4efte should fit straight in, or so i hear...and its pretty much a drop in for every paseo, its just the wiring thats a bit of a dog

@ scutch0 -- i don't know the final cost but it will be an ouch! as i trying to have the fastest sera in the uk :) :D

@ riko666 it's quite far away... but not impossible to get there :) i would say 3 - 4 hours max! but i will be selling my 5e engine very soon :)

ooh, does yours have the a.c.i.s?? see, the problem is... aint got money really :(. I was really eager to get my engine off of api engines because of their ultra low mileage guarantee, engine checks and reconditioning and even a 1 year warantee...but they acted really odd to me on email....which is weird cause user " carlosfandango's " brother got an engine from them, and even traded his 5efe into them...i dunno, ill see your price mate!

but then the problem arises of how am i gonna take a 5efhe....to norfolk...from surrey :unsure:

No it does not have a.c.i.s to my knowlege no sera 5E fhe engine had that fitted as a stock item.

i would be alittle careful of the companies statement ' 1 year warantee' that might not be the case if it has been modifed in anyway. when i needed a new engine for the sera this problem was very common.

The shipping issue is not a problem mate as i have just imported a whole half of a glanza for Kumpla. would you like me to Pm you a price for what i want for my engine

yeah sure, but I wont be buying for a while yet...give or take 6 months to a year seeing as Im going to uni in september! could you also pm me stats - i.e. mileage. and i take it its a manual? Oh, and just to be sure, the 5e-fhe you have throws out 108hp right....the a.c.i.s versions I believe give out 110hp...and the only difference between your 5efhe and others is the a.c.i.s (so yours has the better pistons, higher compression ratio, better camshafts, more efficient emissions regulations, higher flowing head etc...)

4e-fte is alot more difficult to fit to a paseo than everybody thought. Engine mounts are slightly different so need slight modification, driveshafts have to be chopped and changed about, then theres the wiring! that is a nightmare! Not such an easy swap.

Rich

What about a celica GT4 engine or that corolla 1.6 monster? as you have to make up the engine mounts anyway?

the 4e-fte is only really a good upgrade if it's easy.. if you have to do that much fiddling around i would rather get abit more than 45+bhp out of my money.

Regards and good luck :thumbsup:

Tim

really? wow, and here i am thinking it was a straight drop from what ive been hearing for like a year! meh, dont jb motorsport fit them?

All Seras came with the FHE engine, but no Sera had the ACIS manifold as standard. These were fitted to JDM Cynos's.

All 5E-FHE are rated at 110ps (108bhp). No difference in peak power between standard and ACIS types. Peak torque slightly higher on ACIS version.

Fitting a 4E-FTE to a Sera is easy from a wiring POV. No ECU rewiring needed. Paseo seems to be more problematic.

• 2 years later...

hello people new to the site!just woundering if yous can help?just after getin a gt starlet(as my renault 5 gt went on fire on sunday and burnt to crisp!) and im putin a 1.5 cynos bottom end using a gt head what type of pistons and head gasket should i use?cheers Nial

All Seras came with the FHE engine, but no Sera had the ACIS manifold as standard. These were fitted to JDM Cynos's.

All 5E-FHE are rated at 110ps (108bhp). No difference in peak power between standard and ACIS types. Peak torque slightly higher on ACIS version.

Fitting a 4E-FTE to a Sera is easy from a wiring POV. No ECU rewiring needed. Paseo seems to be more problematic.

what are you trying to acheive, why use GT head?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links