Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Me Want A...........

Calisto

SB2C932_s.JPG*

Brooom  :D

*sorry 56kers  :P

Tacky crap.

I've driven one plenty. When I was alot younger and living in Oregon, my best friend used to have one just like that except his was white and the gold graphics were blue. :lol:

Fast and rumbly, sure, but very crude and ugly. Doors creaked and groaned when you open them and weigh a ton.

One thing I will say, that car probably saved our lives. We hit a wooden power pole at 70 mph one foggy night and wrapped the front of the car AROUND it and we both got out and walked away! I know we'd be dead if it had not been for the 10 foot long bonnet and tons of superfluous Detroit steel. A Yaris or bB or anything short of a Land Cruiser or an LS400 would have been obliterated in that collision. :blink:

Moral of the story: Don't drink and drive and if you must, drive a Trans Am

Totally agree with you there Scionic.

The old mercs were solid things of beauty.

The new one's aren't even close by comparison.

Audis are the best German cars !

Rich

QUOTE(Chappers @ May 12 2005, 09:21 PM)

firbird.jpg

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

77tase.gif 70'S TRANS AMs Rock Man, the ultimate 'Kruise Machine' :thumbsup:

wellusedTransam.jpg

Years ago there used to be a firm down south that imported these 'babes'. Remember when I first went to London to work in the 80's that these 70's icons appeared to be every where and I was mesmorised :drool:

I know they are rubbish as a car but, 70s muscle cars are sooo cool. Go on Ash get one!! True, old Mercs are so solid, modern day Panzers! And, yep Audi do the best new stuff, new Mercs are crap.

that must be one of the ugliest things ever!

Nope me not like the 70s TA for me it has to be the 80s one with pop up head lights aka KITT :P

PontiacFirebird84.jpg

Hehehe. .32 is pretty decent by today's standards, even. The thing about these cars is that they were pretty lame when new, but thanks to a huge aftermarket, simple but fairly solid construction, and the sort of Lego-block parts interchangeability that only a GM car could have, they are a great platform to build something mind-bendingly fast. I know of one of these that did 178mph down a lonely KS interstate (don't ask how I know of this :ph34r: ) . The car shot right past one state trooper and he didn't even bother to turn a light on.

As for 70s ones being crappy...well...it was the 1970s. Most American sleds actually have held up pretty well compared to other 70s equipment The only cars that treuly were well-built in the 1970s were MBs that had noisy diesels, huge weight, leather that might as well have been diner-chair vinyl, and really thick metal everywhere ;) Even the best Japanese cars were nothing more than rust filings. I almost bought a 6.9l Benz once...I wish I had.

:rolleyes: Tis a barge, personally i'd go for a mustang, 60's stylee of course :D

Now if anyone has a R Model Shelby GT350 Fastback that they would like to loan me for the day i would be more than grateful :D

Hehehe.  .32 is pretty decent by today's standards, even.  The thing about these cars is that they were pretty lame when new, but thanks to a huge aftermarket, simple but fairly solid construction, and the sort of Lego-block parts interchangeability that only a GM car could have, they are a great platform to build something mind-bendingly fast.  I know of one of these that did 178mph down a lonely KS interstate (don't ask how I know of this  :ph34r:  ) .  The car shot right past one state trooper and he didn't even bother to turn a light on.

As for 70s ones being crappy...well...it was the 1970s.  Most American sleds actually have held up pretty well compared to other 70s equipment  The only cars that treuly were well-built in the 1970s were MBs that had noisy diesels, huge weight, leather that might as well have been diner-chair vinyl, and really thick metal everywhere ;)  Even the best Japanese cars were nothing more than rust filings.  I almost bought a 6.9l Benz once...I wish I had.

All true.

Funny... A 7.2 0-60 used to be considered pretty fast.

Sure though, anything with a small block is easy to modify and the aftermarket of cheap go-fast parts is second-to-none.

Mercedes 450 SEL 6.9?

. I saw one on eBay once and thought seriously about it! Fell in love with that car all over again when I saw Ronin. :yes:

The 70's Trans Am was probably the first car I drooled over due to seeing the Smokey Films when a lil' kid. :drool:

When ya see a car escaping the Bears, jumping ravines, hand-braking corners, picking up chicks in wedding dresses..........it don't matter how it performs in reality - U JUST WANT ONE. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links