Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help! Need A Guide To Refurbing Alloys

Leeky

Just acquired some rather rare Veilside alloys for my supra. But they all need refurbing and because they are 3 piece chrome split rims there are very few companies that are prepared to refurb them.

And the ones that are prepared to do them want alomost £150 per wheel :(

I've spent all this afternoon since getting back from work, polishing one of them up and removing the damaged paint that is flaking off but i need to know the next step.

Im assuming i sand them down and primer them before adding the wheel paint i bought from halfrauds.

Any advice or links would be great :thumbsup:

Cheers

If it's just the painted part, just dress it off as per bodywork preparation, use an etch primer for alloy before any paint, primer as ness, then top coat.

If the shiny bit needs doing, remove any laquer, clean off till you can see your face in it, then give the lot a damn good laquer (Fine build up coats of course ;) )

Bring them over and we'll have a mass wheel cleaning session.. as Millys have gone exactly the same way!

Bring the beer and we'll supply the wire wool and compound :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links