Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Crap Dealer Awards!

mark2jag

As this is the Uk and we are all for free speech, may i make some pertinent comments ref bad service by a Toyota dealer in my area. I make no bones about the fact that what i intend to write may well get removed from the forums, however i will try and be extremely brief and to the point.

CRAP Toyota dealer goes to: Sandhurst Toyota in Berkshire.

Reason: a fault with a Very noisy Diesel Yaris d4d with only 23000 miles showing.

What happened: I went in to explain that my diesel yaris was producing knocking noises at around 2 to 3000 rpm and when under load,and then reappeared at somewhere near the top of the rev range(possibly diesel knock, but no way should it be THAT loud).

Spoke to the service desk, and a quite senior service/parts/other function/ said he would come out in the car with me to see what the problem was.

After a short ride out in the car , the person who took me out said he could hear it was plainly noisy ( a certain member of my immediate family is quiet hard of hearing and they had absolutely no problem detecting that it was noisy) but (THIS IS FUNNY< YOU READY FOR THIS) as he didnt know what it was he was at a loss as to suggest what to do. he got out of the car and said he couldnt help me any further and walked back into the showroom, leaving me still clutching keys in hand and stood outside.

I phoned Toyota and they said that they were appalled at the no can do approach at Sandhurst Toyota and that they would be having words with them.

They did phone them and as a result a Brian someone or other cant remember his last name asked me to bring my car back, and they would lend me a courtesy car while they examined mine.

2 days later i returned the courtesy car, and was told by this Brian character, that I had 3 choices, namely buy an extended warranty for the car (at 500 quid, not &#33;Removed&#33; likely,lol)drive with the stereo on, and just put up with the noise, or most insultingly of all he told me i should try and get rid of the car and he would do me a deal on a brand new one.

The car is now booked in for a look at by Octagon Toyota in Reading, and i await their verdict with bated breath.

the car in front is a toyota. Yes i know i can hear it knocking 200 yards away!!!!

I apologise unreservedly if in my attempts to portray how frustrated i feelI have offended anyone, but this is as it happened and i thought the above mentioned should get some sort of crap service and attitude award.

P.S. Administrators if you intend to deete this item would you be so kind as to let me know why and how i might modify it so that it is fit for the forums, thank you

sound like a fairly serious problem with the car from what you have discribed it sounds like the injector pump has gone bye bye causeing incorrect fuel timing, unfortunatly its an expensive job.

But the way you have been treated by the dealer is just not on and i would possible have a word with the C.A.B and they could put you in touch with Trading Stanards to see it this cant be resolved that way.

Best of luck mate and hope you get it sorted :thumbsup:

:eek: that is shocking....that is terrible.

All they want to do is get more money out of you, and ignore the existing problem :ffs:

Have you been back to the head office anymore?

Service is always crap! Ours got the wrong car ready for a customer this week! He wanted a colour collection corolla 1.6 and they got a t3 1.4 ready for him! :eek::blink: :o :( <_<

Needless to say the crap hit the fan for them and theyve been told to "get their act together"! Like it will work! <_<

2 days later i returned the courtesy car, and was told by this Brian character, that I had 3 choices, namely buy an extended warranty for the car (at 500 quid, not f*cking likely,lol)drive with the stereo on, and just put up with the noise, or most insultingly of all he told me i should try and get rid of the car and he would do me a deal on a brand new one.

The cheek of it!

I would write a sternly worded letter (cc'ing the Manager of the branch in!) to Toyotas Head Office in the same tone you've written in here. Enoughs enough really.

I mean if they havent got a solution then they need to investigate and find one - not make excuses and tell you to "turn up the stereo" - thats just wrong!

I hope Octagon Toyota can help you, and if they do, you can mention their excellent service in your letter just to rub salt into Sandhursts wounds!

Good luck with Octagon, I haven't had much luck with them. Fortuantly I've never had any problems with my car, but they have come accross as a bit rude at times.

Hope they can sort it!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links