Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stupid Things You Believed When You Were A Kid

DefiantFrog

Should be obvious by the title... I'll kick it off...

I was cleaning the inside of my car yesterday, whilst I was rolling up the extension reel, i suddenly remembered...

I used to think that if you plug the plug back in to the sockets then all the remaining power inside the cable once you unplugged it would go round and round the cable, and maybe make it blow up.

*ahem*

Anyone else?

The tide used to baffle me ( I am now a senior manager with the Harbour Authority). I used to think that if the tide was in on the Welsh side of the Bristol Channel then it must be out along the English coast as if it just sloshed back and for!!

I used to believe that my Ken & Barbie dolls were real and would come alive at night and have parties and stuff..... not because they moved or anything, I just had a really vivid imagination as a kid!

Then Childs Play came out and Ken & Barbie were locked away! :lol:

The tide used to baffle me ( I am now a senior manager with the Harbour Authority). I used to think that if the tide was in on the Welsh side of the Bristol Channel then it must be out along the English coast as if it just sloshed back and for!!

Yeah, my mum told me on the beach that it was the waves that made the tide come in. The wind just kind of blew the water up the beach :D

Couldn't figure it out for years.

Paul.

My Mum told us that when the Ice Cream Van played it's tunes, it meant that it had sold out of ice cream... ( never trust parents ! )

I get the ferry ('cross the Mersey) to work every day. One day, we got on it in the morning, and it was low tide. When we came back in the evening, it was high tide. My girlfriend said 'wow, it must have been raining all day while we've been at work'. God knows what kind of stuff she used to think as a child!!

My Mum told us that when the Ice Cream Van played it's tunes, it meant that it had sold out of ice cream...   ( never trust parents ! )

:lol: Thats the sort of kak my parents told me!!!

Surely thats child abuse?!!

One that sticks out in my mind...

"Mu-u-um can I have some chewing gum as well?"

"No! It's only for grown ups as it can get caught in your ribs and make you die!!!"

"No it doesn't!!!"

"YES IT DOES- cough- cough- aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!! *mum proceeds to pretend to die*"

:( Yeah, cheers mum, that didn't disturb me at all!!! :crybaby:

"No!  It's only for grown ups as it can get caught in your ribs and make you die!!!"

"No it doesn't!!!"

"YES IT DOES- cough- cough- aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!! *mum proceeds to pretend to die*"

lol yea i had that too, except it got trapped round my windpipe! Never had chewing gum till i was about 14! :huh:

i got told that it was unlucky to look ahead on a calender, also that if i switched on a plug socket with no plug in the fire brigade would come out

also that if i switched on a plug socket with no plug in the fire brigade would come out

Genius. ! :D

how about the one ' if you're pulling a funny face and the wind changes it'll stay like that forever ! '

how about the one   ' if you're pulling a funny face and the wind changes it'll stay like that forever !'

That ones true... you should see the state of mine... :(

I was very imaginative as a child....

I thought that the experation date on eggs was when they'd hatch.

I used to think that small Japanese cars were not very good.........................It shows you how wrong I was ;)

I used to think that small Japanese cars were not very good.........................It shows you how wrong I was ;)

Or maybe you were right. When I was a kid it was true enough !

I also was told that if I switched on a plug socket and the plug wasn't in there then it would start a fire! I believed it too :ph34r:

I believed there was a santa claus, a tooth fairy, a massive bunny who would run around and hide you some eggs in easter, and there was a boogey man in my cupboard and there was a dead body under my bed... :!Removed!:

I believed there was a santa claus, a tooth fairy, a massive bunny who would run around and hide you some eggs in easter

No, no, no - this thread is for things that aren't true....

"No!  It's only for grown ups as it can get caught in your ribs and make you die!!!"

"No it doesn't!!!"

lol yea i had that too, except it got trapped round my windpipe! Never had chewing gum till i was about 14! :huh:

I was told if you swallow chewing gum it wrapped around your heart and you die

I was told if you swallow chewing gum it wrapped around your heart and you die

I was told that it would stick to my heart, and after a while (once I had swallowed too many chewing gums) my heart would slow down - and I'd die..

Dunno about Santa Claus or the Bunny etc, my elder brothers destroyed those myths..

Fairies are a different thing mind :ph34r:

When I was very little I used to think all cats were girls and all dogs were boys

Used to think all cars had all four wheels powered all the time. :yes:

Used to think "rear wheel drive" meant the car was STEERED with the rear wheels. :lol:

When I was very little I used to think all cats were girls and all dogs were boys

Used to think all cars had all four wheels powered all the time. :yes:

Used to think "rear wheel drive" meant the car was STEERED with the rear wheels. :lol:

Yeah, I used to think something similar: that all cows were girls and all bulls were boys............actually, thinkin about it again....................... :wacko::unsure::wacko:

Nah, I actually used to think that all cars were rear wheel drive, I remember explaining it to my auntie when I was younger

lol talking of gum - I used to bite my nails as a kid and my Mum told me that if I bit the nail and swallowed it it would puncture my heart and I'd die!

Also if I picked a scab it would make my leg/arm (wherever than scab was) drop off because the scab was holding everything together.... :lol:

lol talking of gum - I used to bite my nails as a kid and my Mum told me that if I bit the nail and swallowed it it would puncture my heart and I'd die!

Also if I picked a scab it would make my leg/arm (wherever than scab was) drop off because the scab was holding everything together....  :lol:

or it would make all your insides fall out and youd die! Yuck picking scabs!! eurgh! :blink:

My mum told me if i ate my crusts of my toast my hair would go curly

Well ate all my crusts and my hair is straight and reseeding

Parents are such liars :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links