Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stupid Things You Believed When You Were A Kid

DefiantFrog

My mum used to tell me that if I wasn't home before it got dark all the boogey men would come out of the bushes.

I used to run home down the middle of the road looking over my shoulder.

Cheers Mum :(

My mum told me if i ate my crusts of my toast my hair would go curly

Well ate all my crusts and my hair is straight and reseeding

Parents are such liars  :rolleyes:

That actually put me off eating the crusts, kind of backfired on whoever started the story off, I never ate them for years coz I didnt wanna look like a girl

My parents told me if i swallowed the pips to any sort of fruit i would get a tree growing inside my tummy.

oookkk :wacko:

My parents told me if i swallowed the pips to any sort of fruit i would get a tree growing inside of me until it came out of my throat.

ok :blink:

Oh yeah I remember that one...... I remember getting so upset one day and telling my Mum she had to take me to the doctor straight away.... she asked why and I said "I ate an Orange Pip and I dont want a tree inside me!"

She then kinda had to tell me it wasnt true! :lol::lol:

My parents also told me that they had dug a hole outside of my bedroom door so that i wouldn't come out after i had gone to bed :(

That my dad was really going to see a man about a dog... how excited i was we were getting a dog untill he came home... I therefore thought dogs really smelt of german beer and smoke :P

That I really did pull my dads hair out as a child creating his bald patch... how guilty I felt. :'(

I used to enjoy splashing around in the bath when i was little, to the point where I'd refuse to get out.... until my mum would pull out the plug and tell me that i would get sucked down the plug hole if i didn't get out quick enough!!

Also, if i was crying, i was told that crows peck out the eyes of people who cry :crybaby: That stopped me!! hehe

Arron

btw, It's my 19th Birthday today!! woo :thumbsup:

The tide used to baffle me ( I am now a senior manager with the Harbour Authority). I used to think that if the tide was in on the Welsh side of the Bristol Channel then it must be out along the English coast as if it just sloshed back and for!!

:help: Im a bit daft yes!!!! ok so if it doesnt slosh back and forth where does it go? does the waterlevel in "the middle" get higher????? :!Removed!: :blink: :( I need to know!!!!!!

Basically yes Tom. It is due to the gravitational pull of the moon and the sun.

As the moon orbits the earth it's gravitational pull forces the waters around the earth to "bulge" drawing the water away from the coast. When the moon then moves away the bulge recedes and the water returns.

As the moon orbits at a known speed and interval it is possible to predict the tides very accurrately. At different times of the year these forces are greater due to the moon getting closer to the earth.

Same principle with the sun although the effects are lesser but when the forces of the moon and sun combine we get what's called spring tides which occur on a cycle approximately every 2 weeks and are higher.

I could go on but would probably bore you to death.

Anyway you asked :ph34r:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links