Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Induction Kit Chaos

AdzHewitt

:( Hi Guys i feel a bit cheeky as im a newby and already im asking for help. Once i get my pic sorted im post it on so you can all have a nosey.

For now though i bought a Rev3 t-bar non turbo 2 weeks ago and started to mod it this week wheels/clear lenses etc..

I fitted an HKS induction kit (something ive done before on friends MR's) but ive never had this problem before.

Since i fitted the induction kit whenever the car is cold and you start her up the rev needle (forgive my proffessional terminology) dances about abit, fine i though just the idle vaulve (common vault so ive been told) but once you blip the revs and let it fall the car stalls!!!! Why is this???? Once she's warm its fine and everything running great. I just dont get it, why would it be fine once warm?

Please help.................

P.s the Induction kit sounds amazing

Cheers,

Adam :thumbsup:

try an ecu reset?

take the ecu fuse out (or unhook the bat) for about 1min then connect it all back up and leave it for 1 min then take it out for a drive.

if mine ever feels lumpy i do this and it works, especially after any engine mods

no problem.

i should have also said that when you connect it back up i ment leave it idleing for 1 min :)

:crybaby: Nightmare..... I did what you said and now it just stalls straight away!! You can put revs throught it but once you let them go is falls striaght off.

I held the revs on for a while then it ticked over on its own, once again as soon as it was warm she was fine.

Think im gonna have to take it somewhere. I must say that the idel needle is very still so nice one on that front.

Thanks again. :thumbsup:

:crybaby: Nightmare..... I did what you said and now it just stalls straight away!! You can put revs throught it but once you let them go is falls striaght off.

I held the revs on for a while then it ticked over on its own, once again as soon as it was warm she was fine.

Think im gonna have to take it somewhere. I must say that the idel needle is very still so nice one on that front.

Thanks again. :thumbsup:

Its ok, thats supposed to happen after an ECU reset. Just take it for a drive for a few miles and the ECU should learn the correct settings, then everything will be back to normal.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links