Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is This Right?

dawolf

I had some parts resprayed last week. When I got it back I noticed the wings had greyish haze marks which showed up badly in the sun. Took it back to the bodyshop today. They said the reason it's like that is because it's new paint which tends to show a haze for a while. They used the electric buffer on them and then polished with t-cut. Looks better now but I have a feeling once the polish washes off it may go back to how it was. Does their explanation sound right? I'm no expert on paint.

This mite sound daft but does the paintwork feel smooth OR smooth with a kinda grit feel to it.

If its the second one they've put next to no lacquer on it and thats what gives the paint its shine + protects against chipping etc etc.

I only know this as my uncle does bodywork for a living and insists in putting double lacquer on his motor when he does any work on it.

Here's anouther thought... wouldnt all new cars be hazy if that was the case!

Hmmmmm. doesnt sound wright to me! :censor:

Cheers :thumbsup:

Mine did the same after a full re-spray....it comes away :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Cool, how do you remove it? Just keep polishing it?

The paint is mostly shiny and feels smooth, there are just a couple of areas where there is a 'mist'.

try autoglym products. There good for that all important shine. Then polish polish polish away!!

Yeah I have some autoglym polish. Gonna use some black turtlewax first to bring up the colour then autoglym after. Cheers.

Washed my car today, I found afterwards that the haze came back on the wings as I suspected. What can I do about this? Is it just a case of sticking loads of wax or polish on or do I need to take it back to the bodyshop?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links