Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Two Unrelated Questions

scionic

OK, first, what is the deal with posted pictures in threads that randomly disappear and turn into the words "user posted image" without explaination.

It's pretty :censor: annoying. Can a mod or someone tell me why some pics stay in place and others are replaced by the words "user posted image"?????? :ffs:

It has nothing to do with the appropriateness or the size of the image, that much I can tell.

Second question is, what is a "backbox". I've got the feeling whatever it is, we call it something else in America.

Thanks all. :yes:

OK, first, what is the deal with posted pictures in threads that randomly disappear and turn into the words "user posted image" without explaination.

It's pretty  :censor: annoying. Can a mod or someone tell me why some pics stay in place and others are replaced by the words "user posted image"??????  :ffs:

It has nothing to do with the appropriateness or the size of the image, that much I can tell.

its simpy that the image referred to in the post has been either

- incorrectly entered

- removed from the server

- refers to a non image type document.

for example - if I enter a nonexistant mage URL such as

www.microsoft.com/scionic.jpg

you would see

scionic.jpg

Ah....OK. That's what I suspected. So in my case, it's most likely someone didn't like an image being linked from their site because the image worked for a while.

Muffler! Of course.... :yes:

Thanks guys, I appreciate.

P.S. You're right you'll never find my pic on Microsofts site! Unless it says "WANTED FOR MURDER OF BILL GATES" underneath it.

Or people have deleted them from wherever they are hosted, by mistake.

But sometimes I get half the pictures from the same server that are definately hosted and typed correctly... and what is wrong with a red x :S

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links