Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Unleaded V Super Unleaded

adamshaw

Hi guys,

I was just wondering with the petrol increases it is now evident that unleaded and super unleaded only have 1p per ltr difference.

In the manual it states that either 4 star - leaded or unleaded can be used.

However has anyone used super unleaded, are any gains noticable? do you get less or more MPG and what performace difference - if any?

Thanks

I use super unleaded as much as possible. I find the car feels smoother and slightly more responsive. I reckon an octane booster would help this even more. Fuel economy seems about the same, all depends on how you drive though. Super costs about 4p more than normal round my area <_< .

Hi guys,

I was just wondering with the petrol increases it is now evident that unleaded and super unleaded only have 1p per ltr difference.

In the manual it states that either 4 star - leaded or unleaded can be used.

However has anyone used super unleaded, are any gains noticable? do you get less or more MPG and what performace difference - if any?

Thanks

I've tried both. I can see why you'd use super unleaded in a tubby but I couldnt notice any difference using it in my N/A.

iv just changed to optimax, after running sainsburys for 4 months. cant say theres much difference, it holds boost a little more. apparently optimax cleans engine better also.

I only use Optimax in my Celica now........am well and truly a convert - feels like rocket-fuel in comparison to regular. :)

Been using Opimax in mine since I had it. If I ever have to put normal gas in it, it feels like a slug. :(

Luckily, there's a Shell garage just down the road from me. :thumbsup:

Yeah, only the good stuff for mine (Optimax). Tubbys are designed to be run on 100ron so I get the highest rating I can without additives.

Joe

What octane rating does Optimax have?

Read a debate between an Evo owner and a Shell technician a few months ago and ever since have been totally put off using it.

Optimax is RON 98.

Normal Unleaded is RON 95, and most Ulimate / Super Fuels are RON 97, so Optimax is the highest, but I always go for BP Ultimate as second best if i have to when im out and about :thumbsup:

Wjhat was the debate about...what was the outcome ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links